MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Dan Lanois - Shine - may it be playing when I die.

Seriously, if I could have only one album… :hearts:

Cheers!

3 Likes

That’d be on my list of one album only-candidates, too. And it’s a short list.

I wouldn’t call this thread an excellent source of informations atm.
Sounds more like points that should be sent directly to Akai.

Hi people,
Finally the mastering template i’ve been working for is here!
You can grab it through my web store here:

Make sure you read the included important notes
More audio/video demos coming soon…

8 Likes

After a few weeks only on the Live, I’m now going to expose myself to a social experiment, synth community style, and put the Live away over the weekend.

And instead, jam only on my friend’s Analog Rytm, which I’ve borrowed for a few days.

Just to see what it’s like to go back to that place again.

4 Likes

woah… amazing
why share your findings for free, if you can ask 20€
good luck with that

Because the settings inside are the secret sauce…Video coming soon what this baby can do…:wink:

2 Likes

Akai Dan said on GS that something is coming in july. I don’t think its MPC 3.0 yet, but who knows? In any case, it ought to be something significant. If its not 3.0, its probably one of the big outstanding features we’ve been waiting for, multitimbral MIDI input, disk streaming or automation lanes.

The cynic in me thinks its yet more 3rd party soundpack sales fluff… lets hope not :wink:

4 Likes

How did you get on over the weekend?

I spent quite a while with the Live and ended up buying another Octatrack (sold one only a few weeks back) I thought the Live would be enough but I really can’t do without one or the other. MPC Live for song construction and OT for sound design. Have to say though, I really dislike the Live’s effects. The plan is to sample into the Live via my Fireworx/M3000 fx processors.

5 Likes

it’s 2.6 and it will not include disk streaming as they still need to work on it, that what he said in other posts

1 Like

Elektron can’t be beat when it comes to being creative with sound design and elaborate sequences. And their gear is more hands-on, compared to working with a touch screen.

But their structure is rigid and the interface is messy when you’re going deep.

Since I’m very much for a small rig, the jury’s still out on this one. Here’s my current desk, though.

3 Likes

Just read on GS that multitimbral MIDI input is coming, perhaps even within 2019! Dan said the upcoming 2.6 version will not have it but it will be coming soon after that. 2.6 is expected to be dropping in July.

Mixer subgroups have been confirmed for the new updates. So we will have 8 stereo busses for processing soon. The MPC is shaping up nicely for becoming quite a decent mixing environment.

3 Likes

Subgroups will be fun, I guess with them we might get the same mixer view as the Force.

On the other hand, I’d also like the Hype synth and some general improvement, but the Live is an ace piece of kit.
I even tried to build a song with only Splice samples last night and it was much fun than I expected.

Looks like there’s an MPC-shaped gap right there below the Heat.
(Or: Toss the plant! jk)

2 Likes

Plant goes nowhere. It’s like them Moog videos - they spend more time arranging the plants and pots than getting the content right. And the content’s not bad to begin with.

Yeah, the space is there, but I’m much about the headspace as well. I just don’t want a lot of gear.

1 Like

I hear ya.

1 Like

Hype is supposedly going to be made available to the MPCs as well, according to rumours. They did say you need to have an external HD / SSD in order to install it on the standalone though - not enough storage left on the factory drive, or something like that.

Haven’t been using my MPC lately tbh - having a new honeymoon with a A4 / DN pairing since the DN 1.20 update :nyan:

I’m sure I’ll be getting back to the Akais when 3.0 unifies the project format compatibility of MPCs and force. Until then, I’ll be just dabbling with them here and there. Too much nice boxes to play with em all :diddly:

2 Likes

I play with a A4 mk2, Digitakt, DJ Mixer (pioneer) and MPC live.
I want to make backing tracks on my MPC live, and send them to a specific track on my dj mixer.

but how to make perfect loops?

I know there is a looprecorder
I know there is a sync functionality in the looper
I see audio coming into my mpc Live and into my looprecorder
I know how to sync the devices
I know how to record a loop without MPC Live being synced (because then it does work as expected)

But what I don’t know:

1. how to record a specified length loop in a looprecorder when the MPC live is slave synced to my A4. Somehow my trashold cannot be touched, and my turns off by itself immediately after pressing. With both ‘sync’ being turned off and on.
  2. when I just record a sample with the sampler, I don’t understand how to define the loop length in bars, I only see numbers like ‘END 6694185’, can’t find ‘4 bars loop’.

anyone?

Lame :frowning:

No way you can juggle things round and set it as master?