MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Next to standalone mode, what is better for you: mpc live op maschine mk3?

I expert standalone machine next october with the possibility to build in the komplete ultimate harddisc, also maschine feels faster and more intuitive. Also the black mpc pads feel better to me and also the mpc feels less toy. Especially the ugly maschine purple pad colours and the plastic knobs (and the disappointing filters inside maschine)
Strange Enough i really like the slow and relaxed workflow, and i ended up with very nice music. Mpc opened a door in my brain

1 Like

Sorry, silly question, the WiFi and Bluetooth really put me off this machine, am I right to presume these can be disabled? Also can one delete factory content? Thanks in advance.

WiFi and BT are disabled out the box.
No need for it really.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m not into those frequencies.

I wouldnt be surprised the increase of cases of cancer can been attributed to all these signals constantly passing thru usā€¦WiFi, BT, cell phones etc

:grimacing:

2 Likes

There is simply no doubt about this. End of.

Careful with deleting the factory content, some people on Gearsluts reported issues when deleting the whole factory content.

2 Likes

Ah, bit like Reason? I donā€™t understand having a sampler with content you cannot delete. Defeats the purpose surely?

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

Not if thereā€™s plenty room left for your own stuff. Which there is. Just ignore the factory stuff and youā€™re good.

2 Likes

Good point. Nice

1 Like

Installing a suitably large SSD is strongly recommended. Then youā€™ll have plenty of space and will not need to bother with deleting factory content (and potentially borking your MPC in the process).

4 Likes

you can sample the OT into the LIVE ā€¦ that is an option

2 Likes

Yep. But the OT commands and deserves attention. Iā€™m very singular when it comes to gear.

So for me, this is a kind of philosophical exploration as well. Who do I rather want to be? The experimental musician on the OT, or the more traditional on the MPC?

The one could make the other shine more brightly, of course. So weā€™ll see. For now, Iā€™m still learning.

1 Like

Yesterday i took a splice account. I like it better than sounds.com
The integration is amazing, splice has amazing content. Making drum and bass has never been this easy and fun

3 Likes

The two are great combo. The audio out of OT can be directed to MPC in, and vice-versa, the OT hd can be mount in MPC via usb. You donā€™t have to struggle to know if your experimental or traditional musician. You can be all of them in once.
Try the combo and choose later.
Futhermore, you can be experimental with MPC (even if itā€™s more in OT ADN :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve really tried to dig in on the MPC Live.

Iā€™ve had it for 8 months now and used it as a summing mixer for my synths and sequencing some of them. Recently I took the time to really try and learn it, so I made a cpl of beats purely on the MPC. And while I live a lot of itā€™s functionality, it is just really boring machine. I actually kinda hate the standalone workflow to the extent that Iā€™m thinking of selling it and get a octatrack and use that as a 4 mono input mixer and audio crazinator.

I basically do all my song structuring on the OP-Z and I am perfectly fine with being tied down to 1-16 bars of loops.

But before I go about selling the live, I want to give it one last chance to wow me. So does anybody have any tips on how to make it fun? Any unorthodox sample manipulation tips etc.?

I do not think the Live is the machine for unorthodox sample manipulation, there are a few things you can do, like 4 different long samples with different loop settings per pad, but the OT is the sample mangler, the MPC in my mind is more of a straight-up sampler/sequencer.

I am making a live set on this one
Strange enough, after 3 songs it says 95% storage used
I think the problem is the ram
So i can only use ram and have 3 songs in a project?
In stead of 16 i planned in my 1 hour dnb live set?

Storage is storage. Not ram as far as I know. Are you using the internal drive?

1 Like