MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

you mean like what, not always triggering notes/steps?

Yeah there is no point paying the extra gran just for CV you can get a midi unit that does 8 channels of CV in your rack for a few hundred quid.

1 Like

You can keep it desktop with the new Kenton Pro Solo mk3, eyeing this one for OT integration with my semi modulars. But same for use with the Live

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/m-cv/prosolo.shtml

Thanks for tge reply . Naw more like play total 3 , 5 or what ever steps . On octatrack you can reduce the number of steps their fore you can play 3 step or 5 step looping pattern . Like on a tb 303

Yeah, I think it’s in track edit, you can set individual track length

Yea thats right but it seems to only do track lenth to beat so it would be 1/4 notes in 4/4 time.

aah, this. well, it tied to a beat number, not step. and beat is tied to 4 steps, so you can set either 3 (12steps), 5(20steps), 7(28) and so on. and 12 steps - well, if you want your pattern to be 3 steps, make it repeat 4 times, and there’s your 12 steps (3beat).

thanks for the reply. so in a 303 or elektron its not tied to beat its tied to steps so you get euclidean rhythms. so 5 steps of a 16th note i bar pattern repeated. as far as i can tell mpc only dose loops to the beat so that would be more poly rhythm type stuff.

Mint MPC X for sale on Reverb > 1400EUR location EU/GER

2 Likes

how is the overall sound of the MPC Live? fresh? clear and transparent? with pressure? just wondering… could be easily the centerpiece

has someone clocked an Elektron with it? is the clock stable or is the clock-value jumping around on the Elektrons?

thx

It sounds good. It’ll do what you need it to

little better than a digitakt. little worse than a tr8s.

1 Like

Nah… DT sounds incrediballs. MPC sounds transparent and clean but nothing special. I sold my DT and kept my Live.

i dunno, i think it sounds like daw - what you play is what you get. i like some compressing-eq-saturator on master, so i just made a chain and use it. nice fx routing also. fx’s are nothing special, though usable, especially in combinations.
i use it as master with rytm and a4 - both receive midi via midi thru box. clock is pretty stable after updates, the early experience with midi was bad, but now it’s kinda ok. sometimes i restart my set with doublestop and play, to fix sync, but lately it’s happening one or two times in onehour set. guess i could recommend it.

1 Like

ok, transparent is good

Tbh it can also sound as dirty as you need to be, I do industrialist stuff and it works like a charm for that, the grime distortion is evil.

3 Likes

How do you use it ? Full wet or milder settings ?

Usually milder, full on it can be a bit too much.

1 Like

To the people that use the Live, are you able to dynamically select a parameter on the touchscreen and use a knob to adjust it?

Yes mostly.
Check out "qlinks mpc live " in the manual or on YouTube

2 Likes