MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Don’t you want to multisample everything now?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Me? Happy? As if…

3 Likes

Gtfo! That’s awesome!
Def pulling mine back out this weekend!
Very psyched!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity; how do you have the MPC and iPad hooked up?

Through a K-mix at the moment, so the midi out from the Live goes into the Mix expander and the Kmix is connected via UB to the iPad.

Alternatively my old way was, midi to usb connector into the iPad and audio from the iPad main out.

1 Like

Oh dear… 2.3 is ready to download for both Hardware and Software

Thanks @Automageddon. I recently nabbed an iConnect Audio4+ which I’m planning on using with the Octatrack and the MPC

This new update looks like it might have fixed (at least one) of the issues I had with the Live; but I still need to put it through it’s paces; and see if it is for me or not.

A big part of that as well is seeing if I can find a workflow / organization / structure that I’m really going to enjoy / be productive with. And I’m not used to / not really gelling with the MPC hierarchy; how best to organise everything, should I build drum kits as programs? or have a program that is just kick drums and always assigned to Track 01; and play different pitches. So many questions…

Trying to build a new live rig… at the moment I’m thinking: Octatrack, MPC, Virus… maybe Rytm and iPad as well. Maybe also something else for a bit of “sparkle” in the future / if I can afford it like an Avalon, 0-Coast, FX boxes etc.

So big question is what should be master; the Octatrack or the MPC?

The Rytm is very questionable for me. I’ve used it less then two dozen times since released; hate the screen, menus, and filing system; and I won’t really get into it until I can actually load samples onto it…

The iPad; well, never tried that kind of approach before (audio/midi); only ever used it for games / faffing around in iMaschine / Gadget etc; so could be a wonderful tool/experience; or not.

2 Likes

Hi @Rusty what about the iConnect i4+ with the OT and MPC Live? I feel the that the MPC LV and the OT don’t sync seamlessly.

I prefer organise the MPC LV to do the more complex and longer stuffs (more than 64 steps for the OT). I think use the tracks as programs is the best way to organise the everything and separate the track as maximum possible.

As the OT is more instant for live to the MPC, i think is better to use it as a master but… i’m still trying to find the better way to use it

The synths, on first run-through, do sound very nice. Downside though - very hard to read with my ageing eyes on the Live.

However, the GUI for effects is a big improvement. Never liked the previous GUI for effects.

1 Like

2.3 takes the MPC Live to a different level…….Congratulations AKAI, superb update; my Live is now back in the middle of my desk…

5 Likes

I haven’t even tried connecting it all up yet :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the plan for the MPC… do the heavy lifting on the Midi side; and a lot of utility stuff; keep the OT for ad-hoc / mangling; or just ditch it all together.

I can do some nifty things with the Octatrack; have a few workarounds that no one else does; but my enthusiasm for actually using it is quite minimal these days.

Likewise, so was curious which one cats have as the master; and how to organise / sync them?

I was going to sell my MPC Live and keep only Deluge, but I guess Live will stay now because of these awesome updates.

I was going to do the opposite and the latest update convinced me.

As i have a Digitone too, now with the possibility to capture and Convert any Plugin preset or External Instrument preset into a Keygroup Program the Digitone have less use now. Now i’ll focus more in MPC LV and OT as the core of my Hybrid Setup and find a way to make them interact seamlessly together.

I’m try to find a way to put this setup in place:

Octatrack : Master, Drums & Samples, Looper & Loop Player
MPC Live : Extra Percussion & Main Sound Module

( Maybe + ) Digitone : Extra Sound Module (Synth & Experimental Sounds)

Octatrack Tracks Layout 1 (6 Static or Flex Machines + 1 Pickup Machine + Tk 8 as a Master

Tk 1 (Static or Flex) : Kick & BD
Tk 2 - T5 (Static or Flex) : Loop
Tk 6 (Static or Flex) : FX
Tk 7 : Pickup Machine
Tk 8 : MASTER

Use the 8 Octatrack MIDI Tracks to control 8 MPC LV MIDI Tracks (for Track Mute)

Holy shit. This is update is pretty rad. The AIR synths sound pretty good.

Anyone notice that when you touch an onscreen parameter, the Live q-links get centered on them? I like that little update.

Selecting presets is cool to.

Nice update :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the crossfade looping yet? How is it?

Don’t get me wrong, I love all four of my Elektron boxes. But Akai just made a slam dunk… It’s time to update my LIVE and dedicate some time with it… I wish Akai would dedicate more of their marketing towards other forms of electronic music besides hip hop… Maybe some sound packs geared towards industrial or glitche… Maybe a sound fx pack? Anyway, good job Akai… Keep the updates coming…

4 Likes

If you have a favorite VSTi synth mpc software has an Arp now. I can’t wait to go home and use that Arp.

You can also step sequence your mono synth with the mpc step sequencer. I do this with my studio controller by tapping the note and doing 16 steps. The only problem is sometimes I want to write a 32 step two bar loop and throw the mpc swing timing on it. I really need to figure out how to write more than 16 steps using the mpc software sequencer.

If you look deep at the filters they give you an mpc 3000 LPF with resonance. Patch that with the resampler plugin and bam you got a Lo-if Bassline.

When I get bored it’s reaktor 6 blocks controlled by my mpc studio and it leads to stuff that bounces and makes you want to hop.

3 Likes

WoW, this new stuff is very sweet. Especially on the X with all the extra knobs, buttons and knobs again.

We love them knobs.

After watching these update vids, first time I could see myself with an X.

2 Likes

Update lends itself to the X. Especially the synths.

1 Like