MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Good to know some info / reasoning @tsutek; suck though. imho that is basic / v1 functionality.

Really though I don’t think I’m going to be totally happy with any bit of gear until I build my own; aka:

TheHomer

9 Likes

I’m personally still hoping Akai changes their mind about both points, and eventually gives us at least the option for choosing to use latching NEXT SEQ and MODE + pads. I don’t care if these are set to legacy by default in the config as long as I can enable them for myself.

1 Like

Just submitted two feature requests via the MPC software for:

Mode Change via [ Menu ] + [ Pad nn ]
Track Change via [ Track ] + [ Pad nn ]

I’m still amazed that these don’t exist; as imho this is basic / core / v1 functionality… but what would I know?

Ye shortcuts makes life easier :wink:
Though i’d prefer Disk Streaming & Multi-Midi mode implemented from day 1…Hopefully it’s on it’s way!

1 Like

But despite some niggles I have with the Live, like missing shortcuts, awkward next sequence, stupid clip mode, I still really like mine.

And don’t I wish it had a better reverb?

2 Likes

Still waiting for SSD streaming…

Mode Change via [ Menu ] + [ Pad nn ] coming in OS v2.3 as per Dan from Akai over on GearSlutz:

Quote: the functionality was not in there because we thought a touchscreen made these actions less convenient. one hand vs two hands etc. obviously, people have asked for such, so we were wrong on that thinking. So, we’re adding mode change by holding menu and tapping a pad in 2.3.

5 Likes

Fascinating

IIRC he stated otherwise earlier… oh nvm

Glad its coming! If its even customizable, I’ll make mine mimic the 1000 layout :wink:

what the hell is up with that reverb…

Taken from Akai’s FB page:

“Stay tuned - our largest ever update for MPC X, LIVE and MPC 2.0 Software is coming soon!”

Lets see what this brings to the table. I’m excited :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i dunno, i’m afraid to get excited about this, might be not what i wanted all this time (and that’s too many things)…
well, at least, there gonna be shortcuts, that’s good

p-locks/automation editing or gtfo :joy:

3 Likes

Conditional / random events would be nice too. :smiley:

Akai are saying that this is their biggest update so far.

Play it safe and be prepared to be underwhelmed! I’m sure it’ll be a good update though. Having owned a Live previously I’m interested to see what’s new

3 Likes

I don’t mind mousing around. The only thing I wish they update on the studio software is remember my track preferences for the next sequence. if sequence 1 has track 1 with drum programs and track 2 with a VST instruments sequence 2 should remember this.

Instead what happens is on sequence 2 which is blank I have to make track 1 a drum program track and track 2 the VSTi track manually over again.

Nice to have is PDC also, but I can always bounce my stems to ableton or cubase.

cant you just duplicate the sequence and record your pattern over it? havent had a live for a while but thats how it is on my 1k

2 Likes

That’s the way to go with mpc. Copy last sequence to create a new one that way they all add from each other and stay relatively clean.

2 Likes

On the studio it tries to remember your last used instrument first whether it’s VSTi or drum program.

I think on the 1K if you make sequence 1 with drums on trk1 and midi for modules it makes the next sequence you want to start fresh with the same settings. It’s not a show stopper though.

You’re right I could make a blank sequence with the track configs I want, copy, then paste.

1 Like

this from sweetwater teaser, some new menus.
right one looks like synth to me (also because of keyboard below)

3 Likes

I’d be amazed if they put a synth engine in the current hardware. Does look like filter and envelope settings though.

My guess, fuller/fancier integration with their keyboards along with some new and improved FX/filters. Amongst other things of course.