MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

This is a pretty cool firmware update. You can now create and upload your own chord progressions.

The standalone MPC Live or X will now load user progressions - To use your progressions in the standalone MPC X or Live, on your preferred storage device (MPC internal SATA drive, SD card or USB Flash drive) create a folder called Progressions at the root level. Next, on your desktop computer navigate to your user progressions directory Mac ~/Library/Application Support/Akai/MPC/Progressions, Windows C:\ProgramData\Akai\MPC\Progressions and copy your user progressions into the Progressions folder on your preferred storage device. Lastly, in standalone mode, connect your storage device to your MPC Live or X, when you go to Pad Perform > Progressions your MPC will read the user progressions in your Progressions folder and add them to the Progressions list.

2 Likes

Read the Pad Perform Progression update. That can be pretty significant for many users.

1 Like

I will be getting a MPC X once I get my tax return. I am going to use it for samples with my Rytm and have it replace the Engine as my main hardware sequencer. Cant wait!

Posted this in other forums tooā€¦Hope youā€™ll find it usefulā€¦
Ever wanted to switch back and forth from a clip program to a drum program and your clips keep looping?Until AKAI implements it properly a poor manā€™s workaround is this:
In a clip program hit the pad with the loop you want to keep playing and then Menu -> Sample Edit -> Enable Loop mode inside Trim menu -> Main -> Edit Clips -> Switch to another sample and again back to the one you had and voila!!!..Thatā€™s it!
Now you can keep looping without any distractions!

Cheers :smiley:

2 Likes

Can anyone comment on the overall MIDI Sync of the the MPC LIVE?
Iā€™m thinking about getting one instead of the Octatrack and I want to make sure itā€™s sending tight clock and that my RYTM MK1 and A4 Mk1 will stay locked.

edit:
also, is the ā€œlateā€ PC change issue a problem with the MPC? As in can I send a PC message a little ahead so it triggers the RYTM/A4 in time?

Thank you!

1 Like

If MPC is your master clock device in your chain everythingā€™s tight!Thatā€™s how i use itā€¦

Great, if I get one, thatā€™s how I plan to use it as my AR and A4 seem to respond well to MIDI sync while slaved.
Thank you!

Although I do experience some latancy when also using the audio input of the MPC at same time.

Audio conversion in OT is better it seems, so using the audio inputs of the MPC is not good idea for live playing I guess

ooh, that could be an issue. Had not thought about that

I just got my mpcx and with it as master ive had no midi issues and it sequences the virus to nicely.

Thatā€™s interesting to hear. Have you had a chance to properly A/B this diff?

I havenā€™t noticed a significant ā€quality lossā€ with my MPC live AD, but then again, Iā€™ve never pushed it nor delved deep into sampling etc with it yet, been mostly just playing back prerecorded samples and using the MIDI seqā€¦

Iā€™m selling my MPC Live if anyone is interested in the UK or Ireland

Midi out over USB on new firmwares? for ipad maybe? :slight_smile:

That is one of my biggest wishes, together with proper automation editing in standalone mode

2.3 is looking tasty, based on danā€™s hints anyway

can you share hints here please? :slight_smile: Dan is at GS forum?

He mentioned effects after 2.3 or 2.4

1 Like

Did he mention PDC in the Mpc software?

1 Like

For those high up in the this thread wondering about the lack of a footswitch on the MPC Live, here is a thread regarding that topic.

Although the MPC Live does respond to MMC, itā€™s not enough. On an old MPC 1000 you can just have the footswitch trigger overdub mode. Or you can have midi note/CC trigger overdub. Overdub isnā€™t a standard MMC message though, so . . .