MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I use either the ipad or the A4 as effect processors and for both the process is similar.

1- Connect the MPC Live output 3/4 to the mixer or effect, then in the Live either route the output of a pad/program to that output (Or you can use a send, but for resampling I prefer to record the full wet signal that I can later mix back in as a layer). Mixer or effect output goes into the MPC Live input

2- Easy-peasy, just plug your effect how you want then the final effect or the mixer are plugged into the Live input

3- Same as 1, I donā€™t think it makes any difference.

1 Like

Thanks Guys.

Very happy that its possible. The comment below by an Akai Employee on their forum got me worried.

" Nick D (Employee) 5 months ago

This would require an insert input which the Live does not have. It may be possible to implement this with a future update so I will submit this to the development team for you! "

Is he perhaps referring to doing something else?

Get a Mackie mixer that has anywhere from 4 to 12 channels. Those will have send/returns and youā€™ll be good.

1 Like

Perhpas he didnt understand the question? The thing has outputs and inputs, so obviously you can put stuff between them.

1 Like

Yoko,

This feature seems very cool. Do you know how to do it?

1 Like

Great video.

1 Like

I would never expect to hear ā€œOctatrackā€ and ā€œInstant gratificationā€ in the same sentence. But nice video though.

3 Likes

Maybe after the first yearā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

itā€™s more an audio podcastā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:
I donā€™t think the video gives anything here ā€¦

1 Like

Another point of view

1 Like

Yeah, far from it imo.

Thereā€™s a 2.0.7 firmware update available.

But thereā€™s no info available regarding fixes or additions.

2 Likes

Akai rep. says itā€™s just minor bug fixes, like one of the effects was previously crackling / noisy.

2 Likes

Cheers for the info.

1 Like

How are you dudes out there with the X getting on? Only really heard talk about the live. obviously there pretty much the same OS but theyā€™re pretty different. Is that big screen comfortable to use in the long term? Are you using the 16 encoders a lot? Anything else to note? Iā€™m not seeing any Xs on eBay and Iā€™m hearing little talk about them, Iā€™m unsure if this is because people kept them and are happy or just because not many people bought it

2 Likes
1 Like

2.1 update

2 Likes

Nothing really exciting for me, but all the bug fixes are very welcome. Iā€™ll update during the weekend, hopefully.

How is the workflow on the MPC Live? Im curious about how often you need to stop the sequencer to do something. Do you have to stop it to sample? Or edit samples?

Yeah itā€™s not very exciting is it. My live went back a while ago, just spotted the update and thought some might find it useful. Ive been keeping an eye on it when I see stuff pop up, would have thought theyā€™d be making bigger strides by now. Makes me wonder how long itā€™ll take for the interesting updates to come