MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Anyone out there?

yeah, i also have this sound. not much trouble though

Hmm weird, are we sure this isnt a design problem? The rest of the pads are rock solid but this doesnt seem like a good thing on a brand new Ā£1000 machine, I wouldnt want the pads failing a bit down the line because I didnt pay attention to this. Can anyone confirm that they dont have this? I doubt anyones taken one of these apart yet to have a look. I really dont wanna complain about this box, its really great, im wondering if this is just because its new and itll stop when its worn in

I donā€™t have this issue (Just tested) ALL pads are rock solid.

It does this to me randomly without banging the padsā€¦My guess it has to do with the plastic screwed at the sides of Liveā€¦Kinda got used to it and like it actuallyā€¦Itā€™s like the machineā€™s got soul :stuck_out_tongue:

:fearful: I dont wanna send it back. At least ive got 30 days, if it continues I might have to go for a replacement. Im just scared cause its in one spot across multiple pads. It sounds like it could be some kind of coating from the manufacturing process, kind of creaky as if somethings lightly sticking, its not way loud, it functions perfectly and lights up changing colour with pressure evenly over the whole pad as normal. I dont know whether to be worried about this. All feels rock solid though, its only 2 days old so im not worried yet

If in doubt Iā€™d email Akai support and see what they think about it.

Oh my goodness! Dan from Akai just replied to soneone on GS asking about being able to sequence the VST plugin of MPC:

ā€œā€¦proper multi-channel external sequencing will come along with multitimbral support.ā€

So in the future, not only will you be able to sequence your MPC externally from a DAW but MULTITIMBRAL INPUT WILL BE POSSIBLE!! My prayers have been answered! Very happy right now

1 Like

Also disk streaming confirmed!

1 Like

Well, to the extent that theyā€™d very much love to pull it offā€¦ Or have they now stated that they will be able to pull it off at some point? If so thatā€™s great news!

"Hi Dan,

are there any plans to add a ā€œstream audio tracks from diskā€ option instead of having to use the RAM for that?"

Dan says
ā€œyes, definitely, not sure on the timeframe for that, but itā€™s something we want to do.ā€

Also I asked about CC grid editing, he said
ā€œautomation editing, ccā€™s etc is also on the roadmap. Again, I canā€™t promise whenā€

3 Likes

I got the MPC Live a week ago and trying to figure out how to do thisā€¦

Basically I want to hit a pad and have the loop keep going even if i take my finger off the pad. And other pads I want them to just be one shots. And once i hit the pad that is looping again, i would like it to stop.

This seems like pretty basic functionality, but not sure if it is possible. Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks!

loop going on without holding - only with clip mode. also before you push the pad - press overdub to record it, or it will dissapear next time youā€™ll play drum programs.
one shots - you also can do them at clip mode, just choose ā€˜pad playā€™ - one shot, instead of toggle. and turn off pad quantize.

it doesnā€™t work sadly. some users get really worked up about it over at the akai forumā€¦ and I agree, it would be such a cool and easy feature. please bug them on the forum as well as sending it to support. maybe weā€™ll get it after allā€¦ baffled they left this one out

Another one guys, so now its great that we can use copy on grid edit, but its shift function which is deleteā€¦ Doesnt delete? What does it delete exactly? Am I just going about this completely wrong trying to treat it as if its anything like legacy MPC workflow? And I cant save a sample on the MPC live unless its a program? This thing seems so easy to use but also missing some glaringly obvious functions, the idea for it is great but I can understand peoples frustration, or am I just missing something? Im afraid a long long hard read of the manual is in order which I never really found with old school MPCs. Gonna have to start with a fresh approach

Yeah, samps always need to be assigned to a program, unless you want to spend one audio track for it

As for delete, no idea, never used itā€¦ I always only delete data with the eraser tool and with the actual ERASE buttonā€¦

I fully missed the erase button, whats it doing all the way over there! How embarrasing, nice one mate, im gonna hide with the manual for a while before asking any further stupid questions

2 Likes

hehe, all good sir! there are no dumb questions.

Since I bought my machine in late May there has been 1 software update and 2 firmware updates.

I have been able to install it fairly flawlessly on both mac and pc.

Here is a checklist of things you might want to go over on your pc (even if you have tried them before itā€™s worth a go!!)

Go to the software and click check for updates under help

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed

Go to your 2.0 Installer software folder and click the .exe file. It will ask if you want to install the whole package again, so just choose the middle option only (update driver only) select the Live, then if it sayā€™s itā€™s already installed, select repair only. (make sure the Live is unplugged)

Restart your PC. Plugin in your live over USB and put it into controller mode. Go to the software, you might have to re select the akai core audio driver ( I would do this even if it you want to use another device, just to establish some form of connection, then change it back)

You should be okay.

If this doesnā€™t work, there is something else to check in connection with the firmware. Iā€™m not sure if installing the latest firmware update bypasses the need to install the previous firmware update, ie if you have to do it in order.

Oh man! Why did you post this? :confounded:
I have it too!
But I bought my MPC in May so I donĀ“t careā€¦moreover I think itĀ“s just the pad sensor sheet underneath the pads which has some play, nothing big to worry about.