MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

to recap - you’re trying to trigger the blofeld from the LIVE? i had zero perceived latency playing the machinedrum and couldn’t even make it choke when sending some insane note repeats. I suppose you have tried to simplify your set up? i.e. one midi out of LIVE into just one device, no hubs splitter etc in between? (could it be a patch on the blofeld with a long attack?)… sorry if this isn’t of any help. good luck

Useful info - thanks. Just knowing that it’s working OK for someone else, suggests that there may be a setting at my end.

So, I’ve just tried it again with a blank project - and it’s now working! I then loaded the project from yesterday and that’s working too. The unit must have gotten itself into an odd state. :confused:

1 Like

I encountered some oddness and lag when using it straight out of the box. Updating to 2.03 solved it

This unit came with 2.03 pre-installed. I’m hoping that 2.05 will be a bit less buggy.

The converters AD converters on the Live sound better to me than on the Octatrack I had. The Octa seemed very sterile sounding to me.

I’ve read somewhere that the live’s inputs have some sort of limiter hardwired to the input stage, anyone noticed this? I’ve never ran anything into mine super-hot so haven’t noticed any limiting action though…

I think the fidelity of sampling is good I have not noticed any limiter at play.

Heads up, firmware 2.0.5 is finally out!!

Patch notes:

6 Likes

and mine is due to be delivered tomorrow morning :grin:

3 Likes

New update’s nice. Thanks!

A nice looking update though some are already saying the new time stretch isn’t good enough.

Having sold my Live, I’m still interested to see where Akai take this over the next 12 months or so. I hope they keep at the updates and fine tune this one nicely. Never know, might entice me back.

People will always complain.

I personally DO love complaining about Akai as they come across as a bit shady, but the Live is a great tool, my only complains are quite minor now, I don’t like the sound of the reverb and the lack of sidechain, but there are quick and easy ways around as the routing on the Live is really good.

What baffles me is the lack of midi out over usb.

This update is a move on the right path !

I hope they’ll add some user requested features next like free lfos assignable to more dest and shortcut to navigate menus. Reading all the complaints I was anxious waiting for it to arrive, finally I really find it a nice piece of gear !

Akai definitely come across shady, akai to me is like that weird older guy at the party with shades on and gelled up hair making girls uncomfortable but everyone lets him stay cause he brings coke and occasionaly puts a rare groove on

7 Likes

Yeah - I need to find 5 spare minutes to update, but it’s looking like a solid update on paper.

Wonder how many simultaneous audio tracks / stems we can run now without failures? At least one of my projects, will be material produced on Cubase or Ableton, with stems for playing live.

ok, i’m updated, went smoothly
stretching is working, though i need to manually set bpm to samples, instead of them autodetect it. it sounds ok, i guess, cause i’m gonna use it mostly on drumloops in live jam situation. bass stuff stretches not so well :slight_smile:
midi master sync improved in my opinion, tried it with octatrack, sounds tight enough.
also tried ableton link sync with my iphone app, it syncs ok.
so far so good!

3 Likes

That ableton link sync is actually a pretty big deal now that I think about the implications. I’m using a hybrig rig at my main den, jumping between OTB with live, ITB with ableton and a combo of both depending on the situation. Now there’s a super simple way to sync both setups for cross-pollination :diddly:

And the list editor is finally here! Cant wait to give it a go when I update :heart_eyes:

After my first day with the live im super happy, just one thing though, no copying in grid edit? Whats with that🤔

New update solves this!

2 Likes

Oh great! Perfect timing, using the ‘copy’ button I assume?