MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

bumping my own reply: this isn’t possible from one program currently. midi programs are restricted to one midi channel and therefore you couldn’t send or record more than one MIDI channel within the samed midi program.
sad.

Ha! Edinburgh security is more MPC friendly than OP friendly. I took my OP with me for a month of travelling around Europe. As I was leaving they stopped me with the OP and started to ask questions about it… what is it? I was not going to explain to them all the functions so I said it was a portable keyboard… so they asked me to switch it on! Anyway … they let me go after one of them said that he saw one of these on instagram… and I said it belonged to my daughter. I think they were just nosy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curious. I’m able to take individual tracks down to 1 beat.

Yea you can but it only dose the beat.

I’ve been trying to import MIDI files, without luck so far…

Edit: I think I’ve managed it! Reduced the PPQN to 96, from 480 in Cubase for the export.

After one month and a half learning at home how to use my MPC live before integrate it to my live rig I discovered yesterday at the rehearsal room that pitch bend doesn’t work properly with external hardware synths (tested with three different synths). When recognizes it then stays fixed and I have to turn the synths off. As I see in forums, Akai know this major issue since at least three months but they don’t give any answer, so my questions are: Does anyone know if this is a software bug or a hardware bug? Should I wait until next firmware update or should I send back the machine?

Apparently a new firmware update is due any time.
Will it fix this bug? No clue.
So whether you return this or not depends on how much you trust Akai and how important pitch bend is to you…

1 Like

yeah, unfortunately this is a known issue. Hoping it will get addressed in the next update, and soon.

Confirmed software bug, not confirmed solution for the next update

Received an official reply from AKAI Service Team Germany, translation as follows:

“With the actual software there is no possibility to keep all 4 inputs “open”, like bypass and to monitor all 4 inputs at the same time.
Moreover, with the actual software the X is not capable to record more than 2 inputs (=1 stereo pair) at the same time.”

1 Like

?? ok, thanks for the clarification. Total bummer, that one… I thought this was a major selling point for the X?

I’ve hit a huge road-block. One I’m sure others have also hit.

There’s significant latency when sequencing external kit via MIDI. The gap between an on-board hit and external note-on messages triggering a sound, is huge.

Really hoping that this gets fixed in 2.05.

…unless anyone knows of a way to work around it?

it’s all depends, what is your external kit, and where do you route audio from it…

MPC Live main stereo outputs into a mixer. Various modules e.g. Waldorf Blofeld, into the same mixer.

Nothing complicated really.

I’ve love to be shown that I’m doing something wrong though! :slight_smile:

blofeld kinda has huge latency itself… http://www.innerclocksystems.com/New%20ICS%20Litmus.html

Audio Out - Max. Jitter: 11 samples (0.23ms)
Average Latency: 137 samples (3.62ms)

OK, but exactly the same applies to: Minitaur, Virus Ti, Supernova2, Kronos, Nord Wave, Nord G2, SH101 via a Kenton Midi-to-CV unit, Voyager, Z1, and Nord Lead 3. Haven’t tried the Elektron units, various Korg Electribes, Nord Drums, TD30 V-Drums or various other bits and pieces I haven’t turned on in a while…

I’m talking about a very noticable lag. 150ms-ish.

Note - I’m specifically referring to note-on messages, not MIDI clock sync.

Let me remind you that not all samples are aligned at the start of the waveform…I’ve made the exact mistake and was like wtf with this latency…

I’m not sure that would explain it.

With no samples running at all, if I hit a pad, there’s a very noticeable delay before the external modules are triggering.

Unless sample alignment can be set to trigger early, pushing all other events backwards…?

Edit: reading page 141 of the manual (offset slider), it almost sounds like that is a possibility. I’ll start from scratch, with a blank project.

That was somewhat expected or not ? I.e. that the MPC Live will introduce latency :frowning:

Since in this scenario, MPC is the master device, which has control of the timing for all the events, I’d hope that it should be able to tie together internal note-on event propagation with external sending of note-on via the MIDI port(s).