MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

It is a better version of the manual, more structured and better explained.
I haven’t read it front to back, but I keep it open when I’m playing with the MPC and check stuff if anything baffles me.

It hasn’t been super useful, as I know my way around the machine and I love learning by doing, but it comes really handy.

1 Like

Something I forgot, what bothers me is that the pdf is not properly indexed, so you can’t tap on the table of content and jump there.

2 Likes

Really? This is news to me. Better PM the author over at mpcforums in that case… Maybe he can update the pdf

I just double-checked.
Not a biggie as you can still use the search function, but this is one of my pet-hates.

So my drummer pushed the Live off the keyboard stand. :rage: Sent the unit tumbling about a meter to the ground.

Happy to say it is pretty sturdy, still works and no visible damage.

6 Likes

Am about to pull the trigger on a Live. Looks like the UK price has generally fallen about £30.

Bought a 2nd hand MPC Live off eBay on Saturday night for £700 thanks to a tipoff from user @Delboy!

Fingers crossed I’ll get on with it…

2 Likes

drummers… those animals… lol joking… im a drummer. he was prolly framed by the keyboardist.

trust me. I have it and ive thought about it working with a mouse would be sweet. some functions would be great with the mouse.

1 Like

For info, in case it’s of use, I just got juno.co.uk to price-match against various others and they went further - down to £950.

2 Likes

Ye Juno are great for these kind of deals…I got Live from them for £799 when they got the 1st batch and i didn’t even preorder go figure…

Yeah - I’ve been using them for years, for digital downloaded DJ material.

Also like the fact that they use Royal Mail for parcels, which means undelivered parcels go to my local post-office, instead of a depot 30 miles away.

2 Likes

Absolute Music currently have 2 × unboxed MPC Live at £899 https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/akai-mpc-live-standalone-music-production-centre-as-new.html

Got my MPC Live yesterday. Haven’t had chance to give it a good run-through yet, but am liking the quick sequencing work-flow via the touch-screen! :slight_smile:

I’ll be thinking about how to potentially combine Octatrack with it…

4 Likes

Hi guys.

After playing around with my Live for some time now, I wonder if this unit is capable to work as a Multitracker, i.e. Tascam DP xx or somehow as a mixer. Is it possible to use the two input pairs simultaneously, e.g. one for recording while the other input is just looped through, just like a Metronome or for monitoring while recording a sample?

Cheers

Only one pair at a time i’m afraid via switch (Phono/Line)

1 Like

Hm, ok, thx for info. Any idea, if this might be different with the MPC X?

It is, MPC X can record all of its inputs at the same time.

That’d perfect. Is this confirmed or stated in the manual somewhere? As I consider selling the Live again and go for the X instead, the X shall become the center part. This would include that not always sampling will be done, but simply music from different sources shall bypass the X (which is feeded by a patchbay) and sent through the X to the speakers. Acts like a mixer. If this works with the X, I could sell my Tascam as well.

bumping my own: it does individual length per track - sadly though, only full bars