MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I’ve also seen another potential for this beast…DJing with it could be a possibility if they implement a couple of things like nudge and disk streaming…I’ve already started doing ma thing with some workarounds…For nudge i change track’s bpm with the big wheel knob and for not maxing out memory i delete a previous track and load a new one…

Cheers!

1 Like

I tried the software, I lasted about 10 minutes. I’m used to Maschine so this seemed a bit too primitive…

i had the same idea… bute struggeled a little with pattern changes… did you managed to find a workaround for pattern changes? i tried to “couple” AR-patterns with sequences in the MPC. does not really work, cause the program change (when send exactly at the start of the first bar) is send to slow to AR (so the corresponding pattern switches one bar to late)…

nice by trying to midicontrol the AR i had great fun with playing pads chromatic into the MPC sequencer… definetly a new approach for me to AR :-))

i can’t figure out routing in controller mode :confused:
i need to send some pads to OUT 3-4 (it goes through my reverb pedal and then goes to my motu sound card). i select this in ‘pad mixer’ screen (or in mpc software), but there’s no sound. meters are show that OUT3-4 are working, motu shows that inserts are working, but i don’t hear anything!
and when i make same stuff in standalone mode, it works how it should - goes through pedal and sounds allright.
what did i miss?

Haven’t tried any of this yet as I need the automation editing to be onboard the standalone first. I was thinking of using CC or note numbers for sending the pgm chng messages to the elektron with the MPC and converting them to pgm chng messages with my bomebox.

You can’t imagine how much I want this. I want this almost as much as I want to go on holiday…

2 Likes

i tried it… in general it works… but cc are to slow and always ends up in starting the pattern 1 bar to late (or whatever you have set in AR/OT for patternswitch)… maybe converting midinotes into cc messages helps to make the switch imidiate…

anyway… also nice to have a basic pattern run on mpc and then really do heavy dialing with the AR :slight_smile:

I would think that since you can freely time the sending of MIDI messages (TC off), should be possible to find a timing offset for making the pgm chnges to occur on time.

MIDI notes should actually be best for this, since it is both easy to visualize on the MPC (notes 1-128 for pgm cng 0-127) as well as nudge-dont-snap’able for getting the pgm chng messages to occur exactly where they should. Then just make a simple bome script that translates MIDI notes from, say, channel 16, to pgm chng messages, pipe the results to the elektrons, done.

1 Like

How do you delete the factory content on the MPC Live? Do you have to do it on a computer?

I can’t see any delete tab on the touchscreen.

Also, is it possible to scroll automatically/continuously through the sequence in grid mode?

Cheers

In the grid mode, click the gear at the top right of the screen. There should be a couple of scrolling options.

Not sure how to delete the factory content. But I also haven’t found a need to. I have an external drive connected so I pull a lot of my samples from that. There’s some good factory content though.

you need to hold SHIFT, then DELETE menu will appear.
scroll - right upper conner > settings icon > autoscroll menu

Cheers guys.

Got the scroll thing sorted but pressing Shift doesn’t bring up any Delete tab.

EDIT: Just realised i have to delete via the browser, not by pressing the disc icon above the main menu screen.

Thanks again,

Was giving sampling a go last night and had a question for the non noobs out there.

I sampled an iPad drum app into one long sample. Nime hits using the slice mode so they were nearly ready to go from the start. When tweaking start and end positions of slices, it effects the slices in either side (if that makes sense). Is that the mpc way? Reason I ask is, again, down to OT experience where start end points of slices are independent.

It’s no big deal, thought I’d ask though. One to keep in future though.

Had a lot of fun though. Still trying to get fluid with sampling a synth sound for a keys track. I always seem to end up taking ages to get it to play chromatically for some reason. Obviously missing something! Once I nail that, I’ll move on to sampling some random shit off YouTube…

In the Sample Edit page try deselcting Link slices

1 Like

There’s one sitting in my local music tech. shop. Gah! I’m on holiday in 2 weeks’ time, so will have to resist.

Hmmm sounds like you’re close to pull it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just reaquired the DT. The DT and Live are freaking rad together! Sequencing from the Live, the DT can be whatever you want it to be. A synth, sampler, percussion machine, whatever…plus, treating the DT’s patterns/kits like Rytm Scenes is pretty powerful.

Highly recommend this combo!

3 Likes

for those that have installed / formatted SSD drives, can i do this without running 2.0? i have no intention of using the software, hoping i can install/format my drive via controller mode direct from my mac without the need for 2.0.

My Live should be here on Tuesday and I honestly can’t wait to pair it with my DT and see what they can do together!

Pro tip stolen from the MPC Forum and not in the manual.
In song mode, press the record button then use the pads to build your song. If you press a pad multiple times you will set the number of repetitions for that part. Boom, song structure in seconds!

4 Likes