MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

There has been rumours since february that something like this is being researched… Let’s hope they can pull it off, and introduce it to the machines soon!

1 Like

App store telling me it’s not available.

Edit: went into App Store purchases and it’s there. Downloading now.

Edit: Yosemite won’t download. Boring!!!

MPC Live and MPC X uses this CPU board
http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock2/som
radxa-rock2-som-A: 2GB ram---------the 2GB version --(there was even a 4GB version)

the RDXA CPU board is discontinued making the MPC Live and MPC X essentially obsolete and a ticking time bomb for spare parts. This happened with the original Korg Kronos and they made a mk2 model instead the next year as the CPU board become obsolete…
More info here----it was state of the art board in 2015
http://www.cnx-software.com/tag/radxa/
This will not happen with the new Elektron MK2 range —id be putting my money there instead of towards Akai.

2 Likes

I’d think the i/o connectors, the pads, buttons and the screen are usually the parts that go bad and require a replacement? This mobo-on-a-chip will probably work just fine for the next decade or so… I wouldn’t be too quick to write it off as a DOA product at this stage.

1 Like

Also the CPU board uses standard connections & is most likely interchangeable.

And, if the processor is atom (?), there will be loads of boards that will happily eat the same code than the current one?

Does anyone here use an MPC Live with an ERM Multclock? I’m not totally convinced the Mpcs midi sync is tight enough, therefore would like to sync the ERM via audio ideally. Is that possible ?

MPC midi clock is working ok over here. What issues do you have?

Why not have the ERM as master anyway? Is that not its purpose?

i feel there’s jitter going on when playing back long stems. ERM does sound tighter as master clock, but its BPM counter does not change despite satying in sync?!? pretty sure this is a bug.
i prefer syncing via a audio, it worked flawlessly with my DAW! i have no idea how i can generate a sync track using the LIVE. ERM say the sample has to be played on every 96th note. any ideas how i can do this?

Click sound, high hat hit, many options!

Maybe the song mode is basic, but its the kind of basic that I personally prefer. I also wanna record proper linear automation over a long timespan, which is much more painful to do on the OT.

2 Likes

I don’t find the Live Song mode basic. Convert to Sequence is a godsend

2 Likes

I was expecting to be able to set mute status as well, rather than just put things in line.

How would you use it for live then? Create a track pattern by pattern, convert to sequence then mute/unmute automate there?

Mutes are saved by the pattern so I make several patterns then go to Song Mode. If I’m feeling a string of patterns, I convert to 1 pattern. The good news is the mutes are respected (i.e. their in the same place for a particular section of a pattern). I then overlay from there.

I’m doing the same, I guess the Octatrack spoiled me…

the issue is programming the right Ppqn the Multiclock will sync with, not working out how to create an external click track!!

So just I got a Live, and it’s my first MPC. First impressions are good, but it’s in bad need of some 808 + 909 love. Maybe even some 303.

Are there any super good pre-made drum programs out there that I can buy or download? Maybe even including some kind of round robin??? Would be amazing to save some time on this :relaxed:

Curious. I found the included 909 kit in the Live is pretty sick. Sounds way better than my sampled TR9

1 Like

there’s a 909 kit among the factory content? never realized before… Although for my own uses, I’ll be making kits out from my Samples From Mars samplepacks…

Have yet to explore the factory stuff, thats a great tip, thanks!!