MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

could anyone report how the LIVE performs as a track recorder (stand alone)? my current anticipated use would be to layer a bunch auf audio tracks one by one, edit them and then add drum programs on top. this device doesnt want to release in canada and I am questioning my 6 months old preorder… cheers

Yeah the “new” features are the features that should’ve been in the Live at launch. Like bluetooth, real time stretch etc :joy:

2 Likes

Someone have tried to organize a live performance with mpc live inside the setup. What’s your thoughts regarding this gear inside a performance setup. How you will use it ? For what reasons you prefer to use the mpc live instead of a laptop ?

I start to feel like a live performance setup hybrid based on sync box (erm multi clock Acme4) with analog rytm + MacBook Pro + analog four + analog heat
Should be more smart at the end…

1 Like

MPC Live internal memory problem?

Hi! I just got an email from the store that I bought the MPC and they say it’s gonna come an update that fixes at least my problem with the internal hard drive. ¨probably this week¨ Hopefully it will cure most of the bugs thats out there.

5 Likes

What’s your thoughts @Cosmic ?

Hi William, I havent tried the live but probably sticking with bitwig / studio one / hardware combo but need to find a reasonable audio interface. Was thinking live might replace the need for an interface but not sold on that idea. Both DT and Live need more stabilisation so just waiting to see how this goes before diving in. Might wait 12 months, which is also being driven by other purchase decisions pending.

2 Likes

After few gigs and event i’m pleased about Behringer X18 + iPad Air
Recording is ok, effects are very nice, sound is ok… I really like to recall mixing scene… and USB send return everywhere is so smart in every context. Also 18 in 18 out is very comfortable (no need for 32)

For the price and weight it’s unbeatable

If performing live would set everything up around OT. Daws for studio.

1 Like

and i just got message from uk support - they said i need to return my unit to the shop.

Sucks, probably I’ll have to do the same but I’ll try with the update.

yep. you got it right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you sure it can charge from USB? Have you tried?

Thanks for the link, im surprised you didnt even read it yourself. It raises an interesting question as the 2 gb ram for sampling is not sample ram but the remaining 2 gb that is left on the internal disk after 10 gb samples and 4 gb OS.
How much sample ram is there in the memory?

yeah i should say “MPC LIVE RAM PROBLEM?”, i read it all but im not really understand why so i posted it with “question mark”.

he tried to load 2gb worth of samples into the RAM, but after loading 616.1mb of samples it displayed the message 'Not enough memory to load sample. can you tell me why pls? @anon64972012

Yes i described it in my first reply

bumping this to see if anyone has experience?

well, u are just asking how much sample ram in there.
lets say he loaded 700MB samples, and the MEM (ram usage) was about 85% full, then got a memory full warnings, not enough memory to load more sample on it. So theoretically mpc live only have 800MB samples ram max.

Can someone test it out? pls tell me if I am misunderstanding this.

So I just noticed my Pre-Order now says the MPC X has an 1.8GhZ CPU instead of a 1.6GhZ. This has been changed I guess.

1 Like

Correct