MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

so does anyone know how i can play a stem using ‘note on’ via a pad and switch banks without the sample chocking?

Hmm I can’t figure out how to load a multisampled instrument (xpm) file to a keygroup program?
If I load it via the menu+browse button, it just loads the samples one by one to the sample pool.
Thanks!

Yes, sounds like a lemon. Would be easier if Akai had the hardware OS up on their site so one could reinstall it and reintialize the entire system. This was the case with the MPC500, when it glitched or do buggy things, it was always recommended to reinstall the OS again and would solve 90% of the problems. The other 10% was because of bad RAM, mostly the external 128MB chip. Sometimes things happen when uploading an OS to a hardware unit at the factory, a little vibration can lose vital data from the shock, so a reinstalling would help. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

i made a video of making a track on mpc live from scratch. could be helpful, could be not :slight_smile: enjoy
00:00 - sampling videos from my phone
09:20 - loading drums
19:00 - making a beat
25:00 - sampling another video
28:00 - adding some stuff
36:00 - playing with xyfx

5 Likes

i can’t get my XYFX to record, followed this to the tee but no joy. has anyone else managed to record XYFX automation?

a quick google brought me to this thread, seems like it hasn’t been implemented yet?

Hmm the same question applies to drum kits. Ideas?

1 Like

Anyone knows what the RAMP in the delay does?

1 Like

uh… bad… seems like a harddrive failure or badly installed OS… would definetly send this video to akai…

1 Like

feels, like the delay is more dense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I know that some of you guys are experiencing serious issues and feeling let down, but for me, although there are some minor issues but all in all it feels like that holy shit I’ve found the grail I’ve been looking for after years / decade of searching.

5 Likes

Not the holy grail, but I’m really really happy with it

2 Likes

Got the following answer on MPC forums for loading xpm instruments (and it works :slight_smile: ):

Choose your track, select key group as midi type, follow your normal process of choosing the instrument. After you do that, go back to the track, highlight “program” and use the encoder knob to scroll to the program instrument you just loaded.

Quite logical, actually.

If I had spotted thus sooner I wouldve piped up! It’s easy when you know how!

I got some multisampled instruments from MPC-Samples in xpm format. They sound great! I was looking for some premade stuff to make life easier when I go on holiday in a month or so.

2 Likes

hey there, just wondering how you figured out deleting the factory content? cant find anything on it online and want to do it before getting started. can only delete one item at a time. is there a way to batch delete the whole lot. would really appreciate your help! d

Saw that Pete akai dev guy mentioning a ‘new feature’ on twitter. Hoping it’s something outside the Akai comfort zone like p-locks/multiple parameter macros etc… Interested to see how outside of traditional MPC they go with this thing over time…

1 Like

Hopefully sidechain or the synth from the MPC 5K, they already recycled all effects from that unit, they migth as well recycle the synth…

1 Like

I’m assuming it will be Ableton Link - which would be killer for iOS integration

2 Likes

I still hope they will add the Miniak engine (99% of what is in the 5K) to the MPC Live some day. It’s a pretty decent VA. If not that then some other 1st party synth engine. That would be incredibly cool.

3 Likes

Thanks! I have the exact same problem. Nothing can get stored on the internal hard drive. Spoke to the shop where I bought it and they would look in to it with Akai. I’ll keep you posted if I get any answers.

1 Like

Yep that would be something, Miniak is a little maniac synth.

3 Likes