MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

New mpc live received just now.

6 Likes

Good luck with it

this time the volume pot is smooth?

1 Like

I have never seen so much theorycrafting about any musicbox as now with the live and the digitakt, it is quite fun to read. I almost bought into it until i got my live, obviously it lived up to my expectations =)

3 Likes

Ok, so my MPC Live crashed the other day and all the sounds and demos disappeared. Any body know if you can get em back? Kinda nice to have some sounds on board.

Theorycrafting?

Its an expression from strategic games where you spend alot of time debating pros and cons of your action/unit without doing anything, in this case people that dont own a mpc live for instance that knows excatly why it sucks to own one.

3 Likes

ah yeah, that stuff… heh, I’m so used to it, just goes from one ear to another at this point

smooth perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

copy-paste every programs and sample from akai packs you download after registration on a external drive then copy-paste every program and sample one by one to the internal memory. If i were you i would return the unit… i think you will win time on this task :joy:

i don’t think you can copy-paste those things on standalone. and internal drive is not available when you connect it to computer

and yeah, akai have really bad support. i’ve waited for a week for their answer on my case (empty internal drive, erasing each time after restart), just to receive -
“The Vault2 should certainly come pre-loaded on the unit when running in standalone mode. To access these files from the “Main” screen, press: Menu > Browser > My Files > 3 (third folder in top right hand corner of screen) > Expansions > The Vault 2.
Please advise as to whether or not you see this content, if you don’t please send through a picture of what is appearing in this screen.”
maaaaaaan :confused:

Si, it’s allright this time?, enjoying mine from stars music

1 Like

@Leptic : yes it’s seem ok for now. pretty happy of the midi sync with this one, the other one was not tight this one better. Sounding better too (so i start to think the first one was faulty on more things)

@sleepytm : yes you right you can only copy factory from the computer pack installed on external media then plug on MPC (on mac project demo and library sample are in application support in macOS library)

If you have completely removed you’re your internal library, the only way you can retrieve this is by moving your expansions onto your hard drive (so SSD/HD mounted inside or USB key/Smart media).

I suggest you contact the seller if this continues. factory content should not disappear like that, sounds like a lemon unit to me?

please check, if what you save on internal drive is also dissapears after reboot. i made video about it - https://youtu.be/goCNriKwFyw

If it’s not your mind/ears playing tricks on you, that’s pretty worrying that some units sound better than others!? No real way people are going to be able to test whether they have a ‘good one’ without a bad unit to compare to :confused:

Glad to hear your problems with it are fixed up with the replacement, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

i don’t think so … maybe it was the master/headphone volume pot i don’t know. But i wrote the kit and what pad i use (kick) and level volume when i did my test. i usually use my Beyer Custom Studio Pro with a really devil EQ curve (heavy bass) to try how sound kick with heavy EQing in Low so then i know how it sound with the most drastic EQing… i never reach this point but if my kick is bad ass with this curve i know i have room to get exactly what i want in the mix.

it was awful with the same kit, same kick, same level… but with this MPC the kick sound ok so it’s cool

For mixing i use my Focal CMS 50 (+ sub for Low end shaping then i cut OFF the sub), Beyer Custom Studio Pro (Linear and Vibrant Bass check) and AKG K702 (For Pan and Reverb on the road)

Didn’t like a close headphone to open up the sound like stereo enhancement, M/S processing, PAN, Reverb… AKG K702 is very cool for that, of course not a replacement of proper monitoring system… but way better than a close headphone everyday :slight_smile:

• i receive both unit on the morning when i getup so my hears was initialized :joy:
2 Likes

Just if people buy this headphone (Custom Studio Pro) from Beyerdynamic… :

Don’t use Heavy Bass as your everyday curve of course it’s stupid ! but i mention it just in case … (it’s just a check curve for me…i use linear when mixing and vibrant when composing/arranging)

it seems like it’s exactly what’s happening : some have issues, some haven’t (globally i mean for issues)

1 Like