MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

guys, is there any way to preview samples, other than tapping play on the touchscreen?

ā€œaudition onā€ā€¦ you directly hear the sample

1 Like

yeah, i just donā€™t like doing it via touchscreen. would love to use pads or buttons, much better imo

You can use the jogwheel too for browsing thru samps. press the jog down to load the highlighted file.

2 Likes

also iā€™ve found that i canā€™t save anything on internal drive. it saves at first, and then, after reset, whole drive is empty again. is anyone experiencing same thing?

As pulsefrequenz and tsutek mentioned hit audition on and scroll the big jog wheel or hit Ā± buttons

1 Like

Which ssd did you use for this?

I think you have to store it in a folder in documents (maybe the drive is write protected to save the os)

I use a ssd from samsungā€¦ so far it works perfectā€¦ also has a lacy pluggedā€¦ was nice too with mac-format

thanks guys, that helped ))

Had another session last night. Audiotracks certainly seem sketchy at this point, had sluggishness and a bunch of buggy behaviour. Reloading the project helped at times, but seems like thereā€™s still a lot of work for Akai to do with the audiotracks. Letā€™s hope the upcoming update adresses this at least to some degree.

2 Likes

I receive a new one this weekā€¦
:sweat:

3 Likes

:joy:

ā€¦ Iā€™m going to get mine today :sweat:

2 Likes

@tsutek you confirm bad midi sync ? (Letā€™s say with one elektron gear slaved)
Both on 4bars sequence

Who get sync tight here with one elektron device ???

1 Like

you will have funā€¦ i am sureā€¦!!! GOOD LUCK

1 Like

i hope soā€¦

1 Like

at least its stable, when electrons are midi-slavesā€¦ will try today, what happens when the mpc is slaveā€¦

1 Like

Stable like both shuffle on hats and groove ok on the pair ?

I have the feeling it will end with toraiz + octatrackā€¦ I hope the new one I will received will be better on those aspects (with no hope on audio tracks as tsutek mentioned it too)

No, havenā€™t noticed anything weird at my home setup (syncing a rytm + OT, merging seq data with OTā€™s MIDI out). OTOH we had an offset syncing to an LXR drum machine yesterdayā€¦ I needed to nudge seq data to get the downbeats locked, but once compensated, the sync was OK.

Iā€™ll do some more rigorous sync tests tonight. But at this point Iā€™d advise not using audio tracks, they seem to cause issues with many things on the MPC, wouldnā€™t be surprised if the issues even affected sync?

For you, maybe OT + toraiz is the way to goā€¦? If you want good sounding samples and OT midi sequencing features are enough for you, that is. For me, the MPC sequencing workflow is too sweet to ignore, been a long time since writing/programming felt so effortless! It almost feels like the machine makes the beats by itself :diddly:

PS: If you dig the vintage mode fx, try stacking themā€¦ inserting four consecutive instances of, say, MPC60 emu, sounds even more crusty IMO

3 Likes

i would investigate more when i will receive the new one

1 Like