MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

:slight_smile: well… yeah, its a little bad… i also feel a little bad on it, but for two weeks now i had no crash… on my system it s maybe just the audiotracks… but maybe its something different… i do some intense testing on the weekend and keep you updated. doesnt feel like a hardware error… feels more like some “childhood bugs” in the system.

at the end its a computer… and i think MOSTLY it doesnt crash… i would recommend to wait, if you dont want to be an early adopter experiencing some issues:-))… i like it and i dont get mad about some issues or sometimes crashes (allthough its not good)… still hope to get an update that fixes it and i allready love to play with it… yeah… the good and bad… feels like a football match :-))

1 Like

I have a band performing glitch hop / future soul with live vocals, drums, keys and bass. Sometimes the drummer or the keyboard player can’t make it to a show. We can then just unmute a track and do the show anyway.

The other reason is that control over the specific parts of the songs is important. Sometimes we’d mix the backing tracks differently depending on the venue. Also our dj guy handling the sampler can apply live effects to a track instead of the whole shebang which would make our drummer crazy :slight_smile:.

We like to keep our options open because we can’t do a lot of rehearsals (the members are living all over the country) and so new songs can quickly made to work sound wise. These backing tracks are usually risers and effects, wobbly glitch y basses and other hard to perform sounds.

1 Like

Don’t worry. My unit works fine. Sure there are bugs and it’s unfinished but what is finished these days? (:blush: :3lektron: :elot:)

If you don’t like it, you send it back. Give it time guys, patches will come, stability will be better. As I understand most issues are with the drives, so I use an SD card for now.

2 Likes

How many audiotracks did you have running when things start crashing? The audiotracks thing is new to MPC 2,0 (?) If so, would be a very probable source of bugs

1 Like

i tried to add a looperrecording sample (prophet) to ONE audiotrack… then it crashes…
repeated that and always had hickups in this setup… otherwise mpc works rocksolid… already on the way to the studio now and will do some more testing… would love it is just that easy (avoid audiotracks till the next update)…

by the way… i had no issues, when using JUST audiotracks… but thats for another test :-))

maybe its something like in this article (two functions fighting for the RAM)
http://www.popsci.com/gear-gadgets/article/2002-10/what-happens-when-your-computer-crashes

You used the looper? Or direct recording to audiotrack? IIRC there are already bugreports related to the looper…

1 Like

i used the looper to record the prophet. stop loop recording and save as sample… then i go to audiotracks and wanted to add the sample (while sequencer is running)… this was the only crash…
i also added audiotracks (in the same setup: 4 clips running, two programs, 2 midisequences)… it didnt crashed anymore, but had some weird behaviour, like you cant move the audio with “dont snap”, sometimes the auditrack do not playback and so on… sometimes it was also affecting the timing of the sequencer.
i also reprogrammed everything in new projects, to test if it was a corrupt project file… but happened also in the new projects.
add on: whenever i shutdown the machine in this setup it displays a “internal error” … same setup without audiotracks shutdown was fine without problems

You can also record to the audio tracks straight. I’ve used this method myself and it’s been working OK. Need to make more elaborate tests with the audiotracks…

1 Like
1 Like

i think u should record a video n report to Akai, hope they will fix this bug asap

1 Like

yep… i know… was just doodlong around to find my workflow…
its great… i will test if it is the same today… we will see… if yes, i will report to akai… video… dont have my cam in the studio… maybe i try a bad iphone video :-))

I’m after doing that, for live mixing of parts I can’t easily take out of my studio.

Unless Akai get that right, I’m thinking of a second OT or defaulting to Ableton. Ableton does at least make that easy.

no, i have wrong pitch on loops, don’t know why.
btw, you can download mpc software and try loading your stuff there.

2 Likes

i had jjos3

maybe dont think, what i wrote is definetly a fact :-))… its just happened yesterday and just on my device… no one else confirmed… i am just testing today again and lets see if other users have the same… :slight_smile:

exactly you target right that’s the part who introduce problem. i do not have my MPC Live for now but try to import audio in same BPM and deactivate Time-stretch to see if it’s this who introduce glitches and problems

I’m getting into the habit of keeping my laptop open at the feedback page so that if Ithink of any suggestion or encounter any bug while working standalone I can send them straight away.

To be honest, it needs a few workflow improvements, but I really like it so far.

3 Likes

Can you hide or delete factory demo on home screen? hope i can have more option to customize it, eg: only show user projects or add/change pic for the project cover/background…etc.

2 Likes

You can get rid of it, check the settings menu (that cogwheel icon on the main menu page)

3 Likes

interesting… so, yes… it was the same yesterday… today i tried another 5 hours… mostly no problems… audiotrack works, looper works… i rebooted several times and tried to repeat the failure like yesterday… but it didnt happen… actually i did 20 videos of “the MPC is working” :-))) (if you like to see one of those, just write me :-))))…

still i had one crash after rebooting several times (one black out, when activating the looper monitor and pressed “play from start”… but it was different then yesterday…)

at all: i had a great day, with a little crash in the middle… dont know what it is… i think, the problem is more complex or its something else, that i dont see :-))… at least, again, mostly it works pretty nice (and WAS HELL FUN)…

so whatever… its Lynns ghost crashing it sometimes… who cares :-))