MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I bet you can send ProgramChange message from any midi device and it will record it to the track if it’s in overdub/record mode.

Maybe but it would be gross if I cannot view, edit, or delete them. What if I decide to don’t want them after all? Or half a year later don’t remember that I even had them and just experience that something ain’t right…

How does the reverb from the Toraiz compare to the Live? Also, the compressor? Those are the two effects I care about most.

2 Likes

It should have the option to delete it when you press “Erase” button. There is a list of stuff you choose from. All(default), Notes, Pads, pitch wheel, ModeWheel, PC, CCs etc.

Maybe someone with the Live can share more information.

1 Like

Toraiz Effects to me sounds way better… and i really like the ducker, compressor, filter… For sound quality + effects quality i go Toraiz everyday. But you can’t make long evolving textures on the TORAIZ.
You can on the MPC.

The way i see things will not gives any informations to everyone :joy:
But i think if someone have no drum machine in his setup and want to rely on something very good for drums + processing : TORAIZ is the way to go.

if someone want to modulate and tweak and shape a mixed of layers to make something unique
: the Octatrack is the way.

MPC Live gives a bit of everything so there’s a cost to that somewhere. it’s like a DAW in a box it’s not really an instrument of its own unless you take a lot of time to prepare your programs (plus the menu diving which i find ok in a daw situation but in live performance it will take some time to find how to use it in a more simpler manner). But in an other way i find it very cool to plugged as controller mode open a VST playing something bounce as audio … and getout of the studio outside to make thing progress or mixing/arrange etc…

1 Like

For now i have to write tracks with a Live performance in mind at the END. For now i think the RYTM + MPC Live +VST in controller mode + MicroMonsta is the way to go. (save bucks for now)

But for the Live performance i’m not sure of the MPC Live for now. (I know Rytm + Toraiz (or) OT should probably better. That’s for sure. With booking fee for the Live i can afford Toraiz/OT when i need it)

1 Like

this is worrying?!?

The music shop said i’m the only one to call for this master vol pot/knob so i guess it’s my unit

If your comment is for the sound, it’s not the same price + DSI Filter it warm the master very nicely. But the MPC Live sounds fine with good material and processed the good way. (adjoin an Analog Heat and it’s even better then)

2 Likes

yes, i was. thanks for clarifying, makes me feel more confident

1 Like

No i prefer the Toraiz sounding… but the MPC is not bad at all. it’s more like a computer + native instrument soundcard / iconnect audio (with more gain) if i can say that, that way.

i would not suprised if it’s Cirrus Logic inside :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also Mac user need Paragon NTFS to make the most of the hybrid configuration. (as HFS is read only on the MPC Live)

It would be hilarious if Behringer reconstructed a vintage model of headphone

2 Likes

I bought access to it earlier today, feels like its worth it (never read manuals) and for the sub I/you have access to alot of interesting tutorials on stuff i have in my studio.

2 Likes

my master vol pot is made of fragile plastic and the headphone sucks with iphone headphones it loses a bit of left channel.

1 Like

Has anyone installed a 120 or 128gb SSD? I’m curios to know models work without problems. Looks like some are having trouble with Wedtern Digital and Samsung, for example. Anyone?

Ah man, I’d definitely go for the Pioneer Toraiz over the MPC Live if I were choosing. I had high hopes for the MPC, but I’m not really feeling it.

2 Likes

There’s 4 things on Toraiz i don’t like (obviously no problem on the MPC) :

1. 32 seconds limits (it goes for sampling, previewing and importing with an annoying popup warning)

2. Only 1 FX Slot (make it difficult to mix and processed without resample so destructing workaround)

3. There’s practically only FX destination to P-Lock (and of course it work only on 1 FX loaded by track)

4. No Layering at all

For LIVE Performance i think OT is unbeatable :wink:

2 Likes

Samsung and Sandisk are reported to work well.

2 Likes

It does, most features are on the visual screen so you can get lost at first. Its easy once you get to know, learning curve is pretty low bar. There is plenty ways to delete especially on the grid window. Every page has its options.

Akai released 2.0.2 for 5 minutes on their site but then took it down. But from what I saw, addresses most issues with bugs. New features I saw were Ableton Link and wifi activation.

4 Likes

I was sure about the Live but all these bashing about sound quality makes me question myself a bit. But alas, I don’t think I can gel with the Toraiz workflow-wise, too many limitations.

A rock and a hard place.