MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Mine should be here tomorrow. : )

No interest in comparing the sound to this and that hardware tho, just if the sounds sound good in a mix… which is all that matter to me… :sunny:

Wondering if I’ll be able to get away with this chunk on a plane at the weekend ?!

2 Likes

Seems like impossible to make a backup of the internal memory before to empty everything. Can’t find any file management with delete functionality :stuck_out_tongue:

@tsutek do you deleted something ? or not for now ?

I dunno, I knda liked the stock sounds with the MPC 3000 legacy emu mode on, but I used a shit monitoring (minirig) and was tired… All I know is that I’m pretty sure the sound q is workable to me in the same way as with the 1k (ie. no pitching of samples ever). To me the filters sounded better than on the 1k, which is a big plus. Annd I liked the analog delay, its simple but works.

1 Like

Haven’t deleted my factory content yet. There is no access to the factory content drive from the computer, so I figured I’ll just leave all that stuff to be. Using a kingston USB thumbdrive at the moment for my own content, will be buying a 500GB SSD real soon for proper “storage”.

BTW, not sure if you’ve RTFM’d yet, but I found the exporting of project from the 2.0 software into the standalone puzzling… until I remembered that the factory drive is not accessible. Plugged in a USB stick, went “save as…” to the stick from the software, unplugged from the computer, and opened the project from the stick in standalone mode… Worked perfectly. It was too easy! I spent minutes looking for a “export to standalone…” menu from the software - there is none! :content:

1 Like

OK i think i will stick like that for now (because i will return it anyway so probably better)

You reckon you got a faulty unit?

Yes the master vol pot have definitely a problem but for now impossible to receive a replacement the music shop will call me when we can swap units. For now there’s no more stock only receive few units and all is dispatched to pre-ordering guys

Ok so if the mastervol is faulty on yours, get it replaced ASAP. Maybe you can hold onto it until they have new stock to exchange it to?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve never had an MPC… I feel part of a whole knew clan in an innocent childlike kind of way. Ha.

But seriously yeah the stock sounds are surely gonna be heavily processed to suit modern over processed music I’d have thought… as long as it doesn’t make my own sounds sound like shit, then I think this should be a dream machine.

Also to me the bugs n gripes seem so minimal compared to lots of new gear with far less going on, with updates coming already and officials genuinely wanting to be involved with community is such a rare sign of confidence… Seems like the team have done a fantastic job up to now …

I literaly haven’t been able to get any serious work done for weeks with excitement. And I have deadlines coming up.

EDIT - “weeks” and “any” is a slight exaggeration :blush:

1 Like

I agree about the launch, I didn’t experience any major bugs so far. Only some weirdness with qlinks becoming unresponsive with fx under certain conditions… (could be user error - the new UI is a b*tch) but no crashes

Err…

3 Likes

Beyerdynamic my mistake …

2 Likes

Headphone clone :grin:

In all seriousness, you can get very different EQ responses when you connect the same pair of headphones to different impedance outputs. The difference in sound you’re hearing between the Toriaz and the Live with the same pair of cans might be related to this.

Some headphones are more sensitive to this than others. It can help to use the same external headphone amp connected to the line out of your gear in this case.

For more on this, see for example http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html and http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/headphone-amp-impedance.html

so, have you had a chance to test the sound q with your own content yet? @William_WiLD

Got my live with me, but cannot mess with it, boss would catch me (office hours yknow)

1 Like

It will be cool if you have the time to sample the same loop with Toriaz and Live and share the wave files so we can hear the difference.

GAK now have stock.

Here we go!

2 Likes

The stock sound just plain SUCK, i had my own sample loops through the MPC live and the filters and i am quite happy with the sound of them.

4 Likes

Expected this might be the case, as was with the korg es2

Are you guys doing legacy mode in 96khz sessions or 44.1? Lo Fi emulation sounds a lot better on 96khz sessions.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I didn’t even realize you can change the samplerate… Or wait, are we talking about controller mode use?

If you’re plugged in to your computer you can use the live like a sound card right? Can you set it up as a 96khz sound card session?