MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

umm so you don’t even use your mpc? like, you could just get by with an mpc elements instead of the touch? If you only need the software to export to your 2500, using a touch to do it sounds like overkill to me

2 Likes

ok thanks. How are the Bass on yours ? Bass and Kick sounds like mashed potatoes :frowning:
Maybe that’s the demo project i will load my sample to see not effected if it sounds smooth and better.

1 Like

Sounds terrible…hope you can figure out a better sample source.

1 Like

William :-wasting time sampling with the MPC Live unit --forgot it --treat it as a playback machine

1 Like

yes i will try with unprocessed sample because the job they done on processing sounds shitty to me on my behringer headphones. i will try on my Focals monitors and i will change and try with my Ultrasone Pro900 to see if it’s better but i doubt :frowning:

EDIT : beyerdynamic headphones (mistake here obviously)

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust the onboard sound content tbh
This is why I didn’t want to post any sound quality demos yet. Without known sound sources, things could be very biased.

2 Likes

ok guys i have no problem if it’s the way we have to take to make this sounding better.
i will probably EMPTY this thing as fast as i can :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also, do experiment with the legacy emulation modes if you have the time. I checked them briefly last night and they certainly change the sound…

1 Like

Im thankful I purchased the much cheaper MPC Touch -----its worth just to get the free MPC 2 software update:)
There is no way i would get the MPC Live period and if MPC-X has same convertors I’m sticking to my MPC Touch

1 Like

it’s worst on the Ultrasone Pro900. ok i empty this damn thing and load some sample. probably the processing of the demo project

Im considering this too. No big deal to have the laptop on the side for me.

1 Like

i probably also too much fall in love with the TORAIZ sounding so i must to not compare and learn to like the MPC Sounding… maybe with time i will forget the Toraiz one.

2 Likes

Be interested to hear what you think after a/b of some material pre/post mpc inputs/outputs.

How you liking the rest of it so far?

1 Like

For now i backup to empty everything inside :slight_smile:
As i will probably return it for the shitty headphones pot :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : thinking that HEAT After the MPC Live is probably a very great idea at this point

1 Like

Yes, I too have plans for utilizing the heat heavily with the live.

If I were you, I’d sell the touch, buy the mpc elements and mpc 2.0 licence instead. If you only use the touch as a software dongle, that is…

You reckon you got a faulty unit? Or you just want to get rid of it and go back to using a toraiz? I mainly bought my live for MIDI sequencing duties, so can totally understand if the sound q issues are showstopping for you. In my case, the OTs sound is… challenging to me, considering flipping it for a DT at some point.

Can the Live send program change info? Now that we know you can’t save pattern chains on the Digitakt, I’m wondering if I pick up a Live at some point if I can use it to sequence patterns.

It adjust the volume of Outputs 1/2 and the phones output.- I would just leave it full up ;0)

yes, you can send pgm chng in every midi track, but ATM there is no way to insert pgm chng commands into the MIDI sequencer timeline. Perhaps in a later update… The way it works now is that upon a sequence start/change, midi tracks send their pgm chng. No idea what happens if you unmute a MIDI track, does it send a new pgm chng? Guessing no, but I have not tested this yet.

So, if you’d want to sequence ext box “pattern chains” (for your elektron gear for example), you’d either:

• Make a song with the sequences you want, in the order you want. For the sequences, You’d config your pgm chng commands to how you’d want em
  • Build the sequences, configged with the pgm cng commands you require, and perform the pattn changes by using the NEXT SEQ mode

I haven’t tested how well this works yet. Gonna do it real soon and will let you know. The question is, at what point in time is the live going to send the pgm cnng messages, and will elektron boxes change the pattns at the right times (and what pattn chng mode needs to be on the elektrons)

2 Likes