MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I got no love for timestretching, I’m strictly pitch tuning☺ which is very slick sounding when going through the sound spectrum from high to low.

3 Likes

Oh meh I don’t like this sentence :joy:
i will end up with an old second hand MPC … but what model that’s another thing…

I’m getting the feeling more than one person in this thread might end up checking out Machine all of a sudden now… :wink:

1 Like

I like the studio but it’s too big and for Live Performance not the best form factor… obligation to take the computer etc… so not me :wink: plus I have the studio and on mine it was not very responsive.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Going back to Maschine, etc

Maschine Studio is way too fucking big. I use the MkII and even though I thought it was kinda big when I got it, I now really appreciate the form factork.

Oh, absolutely. Being able to run fully standalone is awesome for live performance.

It’s just a bit sad that we seem to have gone from “this box will run the full MPC 2.0 software standalone” to “err, maybe the processor we put in this box might be slightly underpowered to do what we promised originally…” :wink:

1 Like

All the talk of bugs, defective units, and price hikes is deflating the GAS a bit. I have a first generation Maschine that I never really used and haven’t upgraded to 2.x. I’m almost tempted to rethink the plan to use the MPC Live as my DAW, and just get a Digitakt and upgrade Maschine.

For you guys that have Lives already, are you having any serious problems or are the issues overhyped?

I’m not sure many here have actually used one. Gear Slutz is the best place for users stories I think tho. They also have an official taking part in the discussion at times which is Super rare anywhere.

I haven’t read anything I’d call a horror story but diff users needs etc… Bare in mind the software is beta tho. Most hardware takes a good few updates before it’s up to full power.

Prices still holding at 1599.00 AUD in OZ.

The MPC Live cannot record any incoming midi CC information at all.

I sort of understood their logic for not allowing midi learn of the Live’s internal parameters - a corporate move to stop people from using the MPC software with cheaper, non-Akai controllers…

…but not being able to record any CC information at all seems to be very short sighted.

Edit - Actually it can, for anyone reading this later.

If i have midi track and i tweak for example cutoff on my synth that will not be recorded on the mpc(if my synth send CC ofc)?

Is there any word of the Live being able to work with the OP 1?

1 Like

Wut ? It has to be possible if not then im shocked.

You can’t - that’s what the Akai rep says in the link I posted.

i think i will use a midi keyboard with only to input chords… otherwise for modulation i will map q-link directly 4banks of 4 qlink is ok to me…

As Elektron devices (RYTM, Analog Four) have their own sequencer i will not need to record midi automation for this external device

So i’m ok with that… and i’m pretty sure it will be in an upcoming updates
Otherwise the MPC X with CV Control and not recording old midi CC is a marketing non sense as a central piece of command for studio

2 Likes

As far as I can understand they are talking about midi controller controlling live right(not external synths/midi devices)? I think we talked about this.

2 Likes

Midi Production Center Live

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you :thup:

Nice to hear some other less cheesy styles coming from the LIVE. Italo’y synth stuff. Oh and a bit on song modes.

Only thing I heard is that the Live can charge the OP1.

2 Likes