MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Dude, you just need to think outside the box. Some string and a chicken should do the job.

Just got an email back from Gary at Red Dog Music. He hasnā€™t heard a thing about UK price hikes and is in regular contact with Akai.

1 Like

Or maybe I jus need to keep using my 4k

Scratch that. They just got back in touch with me to confirm a price hike to Ā£949! Disappointing

Itā€™s really disappointing of Akai to hike the price so much close after release and while still releasing a product with Beta software and some incomplete functionality.
I guess I can wait for some 2nd hand units to pop up, good thing Iā€™m not in a rushā€¦

2 Likes

Everywhere still listing at Ā£799

Same boat here. Always seemed a bit too good to be true at that initial price to be honest :frowning:

Gonna look hard at Beatmaker 3 on my ipad and making a little ghetto portable rig on a pedal board. Keeping an eye on Live tho. Prob still grab one at some point when Im getting in to doing shows againā€¦

i wonder if theyā€™ll give a reason for the hike. and i wonder what the real reason is?
always appears a touch cynical doesnt it. perhaps weā€™ll never know.

Fierce bang o digitakt off it with its 100 euro hike a while ago innit gnomesein. ^___^

I contacted 3 of those companies on that list that I have bought from before asking if they would guarantee 799 if I pre-orderedā€¦they have not got back to me yetā€¦been 8 hoursā€¦

I hope its a cock up or the companies that advertise 799 honour itā€¦but their seems to be radio silence right now!

1 Like

If you buy something, and pay fot it, and have a receipt, (and they are reputable) they have to honour it. They canā€™t force more money from your wallet and worse case you cancel your order.

Likelyhood is, anyone not getting back to a customer about a sale is there trying to find out what everyoneā€™s taking about so donā€™t want to say yesā€¦ itā€™s not in there interest to lead anyone on.

Personally, as with anything, If Im genuinely concerned i message directly, and find out rather than fuel the rumours.

I will be so disappointed if this is a stage name.

2 Likes

Not sure if this helps

1 Like

Well shit, couldnā€™t resist so Iā€™m on the preorder trainā€¦

2 Likes

yeah, Dan was most helpful :troll:

For anyone not reading GS, apparently both new MPCs support MIDI MMC commands, including commands that engage record/overdub! So you can use ext MIDI controllers for controlling play/stop/pause/rec/overdub from any MIDI controller that handles MMC. So, for me, I can get what I want with bomebox and a generic MIDI sustain pedal :ecstatic:

Back on track with the liveā€¦ hopefully next week itā€™ll get here.

2 Likes

At Ā£949 from red dog music? Was about to buy at Ā£799.00 from juno then realized thereā€™s no buy button!

I think theyā€™re still showing Ā£799 but the chap I was talking to got back to me to say there is truth in the price hike. Now, could be a gigantic wind up ploy to get folks to preorder but Iā€™m hearing similar stories from those who have made other enquiries. I was teetering on the edge of a preorder in any case and when they told me Iā€™d 99.99% be certain to get one at Ā£799 I just jumped on in. No big deal if things go tits up really. Itā€™s not like I have to buy it if they hiked the my price up.

EDIT - And as I write that, RDM are now showing Ā£969.

2 Likes

I tried to tell people many pages ago that it was too weird that there was a +400 price difference between euro and US sources, there was no way that could possibly be true. Thatā€™s why all the comparisons between the Live and Digitakt were dumb as hell.

Come on people just hit buy button from dv247 also 799Ā£ there tooā€¦

1 Like

On April 7th, GAK told me they would honour the pre-order price.