MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

With MPC sequences I think it goes like this (correct me if I’m wrong):
Record a sequence. Copy that sequence and make changes. Continue like this until you have a number of sequences copied into song mode. Arrange those sequences as you like and then record those as one long sequence. Now you have one long sequence of chained sequences and you can make changes to that long sequence and repeat the above steps if you wish.
Seems easier than the OT.

2 Likes

I wonder how “snappy” programme changes are with the newer MPC’s. Maybe I’m missing a trick but I could never quite get things working as nicely as Elektorns work with eachother when I had a 2500 (or, indeed, when I try with Live). I always ended up with things changing after an additional loop.

1 Like

Yeah we all judge on the paper the MPC Live should be cool. But when it’s arrived and testing are done IRL it probably not be the same… maybe we all have to find (again) workaround as every piece of gear.

2 Likes

I feel like I only need a computer for sound design and for prepare my materials…
AND Analog RYTM + MPC Live > in my mixing desk Behringer X18 > Analog HEAT > SoundSystem

I will stick to that and I hope I’m not wrong on it. Probably add the analog Four when I make some money somewhere.

1 Like

Any1 knows if i can use a USB Hub with the MPC Live USB Hub? Means i can hook up mor than one MIDI USB Device to it?

1 Like

Don’t know for sure but I would assume the answer is yes - iPads and iPhones are fine with this kind of setup.

1 Like

well this would be very nice.
in about 12 days i will know… when delivery is not delayed :smiley:

1 Like

is this what your retailer told you? cheers

Seems like that’s elektron 's fault tho. The gear change patterns at the end of the pattern length. So you need to set you pc before you want the actual change to happen.

Well first shipments of Lives are popping and people are getting their preorders fulfilled. Seems Guitar Center of California has the first pickings.

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=181995&start=120

1 Like

Is the audio interface in the live not as good as the X, as this been confirmed?

I’m interested to know if the looper supports timestretching too.

2 Likes

No mic pres on the Live, I think that’s the difference, converters etc are the same.

Hoping you can record in to clips in clip launch mode. Would be kind of the same thing but also more flexible/non-destructive with layer per pad instead of overdubs… If not on launch maybe they’ll add that later.

2 Likes

First orders are shipping?! :champagne:

2 Likes

And here we goooo…

2 Likes

Oh yeah that would be awesome. Looks like it’s possible to save what’s in the looper onto the drive as a sample. I hope there’s at least a way to take looper material into clip view without too many unnecessary extra steps.

Best info I can find from a uk dealer is “sometime 2nd half of this month” … Tho they said there will be a launch event announced soon, so I expect/hope there should be plenty available when it’s launched…

Looking forward to a full manual.

1 Like

Awesome - where/how? Looking for some real hands intel on before a purchase. The sampling workflow alone has almost sold me.