MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

X looks great but too big/expensive for me atm.

Whyyyyyyyy did they put that horrible black shiney Rolandesque surface material on there tho?? Glad they didn’t use it on the Live…

3 Likes

yeh same here

1 Like

I’m waiting for a vid showing this thing sequencing an OP-1. Thats my dream set up, Live + OP-1 partners in crime!!!

2 Likes

Yep potential sofa jam dreamteam :wink: Op1 sequencing the Live should be fun/fast too :wink:

1 Like

For real!!! What else is needed??? I mean you can always invite the odd volca or a boutique to the party. Seriously though, if the Live doesn’t work with the OP-1 then I might hesitate on pulling the trigger.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to put my hand on MPC Live… come on ! guys release the beast … GRRRRR

4 Likes

I’ve got some news to you I called Akai Pro UK and Algam they both tell me the MPC Live will be available in UK & Europe in MAY, the 22

Cheers

6 Likes

That’s sooooo looonnnggg : )

Thanks for the intel.

I am still wondering how usable the standalone effects (mainly reverb/distort/eq) are soundwise, compared to the octatrack for instance.
We shall see… I am a bit nervous about this.

Watched a video the other day and they actually seemed ‘ok’. Better than I’d expected from what some posts online had said. Showed filter, delay, reverb. Not up to AK kind of standard (if you’re in to more polished fx) but possibly around OT standard. If you have a computer you can download the current mpc software and demo it for free and check them out that way. Same fx in the Live/X apparently…

1 Like

The one from the TORAIZ is fabulous :joy:

1 Like

wich video did you watch? I’m curious about this too…although to be fare, octatrack’s fx aren’t great either… both the delay and reverb sound pretty stale to my ears

You think it’s legit?!?!?! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:cb:

I prefer OT fx to AK fx so guess it’s a pretty subjective area :wink: Can’t remember what video it was. Watched a lot last few weeks :wink: Maybe try search ‘mpc renaissance filter’ or reverb… That kind of stuff… Might have actually been different fx in separate vids…

I think I have gone cold on these new MPCs - for me they seem to have all the disadvantages of a DAW - endless micro managing, a bazillion options, a computer OS underneath etc.

I might be wrong, but I don’t think I will get along with the workflow, too early to tell yet of course, but the more I see the more I think there will be a ton of these available used once the hype dies down and reality kicks in.

Still, I might try one from a retailer who offers a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee once the OS seems mature.

These generic loopmaster demos might be clouding my judgment though :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Same. Leaning much more towards the digitakt

2 Likes

B&H said they’ll have the Live by May 5th. Sweetwater confirmed tracking info…!!!

If I didn’t already have OT I’d possibly grab DT (if I couldn’t afford an OT ;). DT doesnt offer much new for me that MPC live + OT together won’t do already tho so I’m swerving it for now. The MPC adds so much to a setup that includes OT…

Haha :slight_smile: yeah tbh I’m surprised anyone would buy one after those :wink: So much potential functionality and fast workflow in the Live tho. I’m also not 100% I’ll gel with the UI as much as other boxes but I don’t really see why not, if OS is reported to be solid then I’m in… 30 day trial like you mention :wink:

1 Like

If I didn’t already have OT I’d possibly grab DT (if I couldn’t afford an OT :wink:. DT doesnt offer much new for me that MPC live + OT together won’t do already tho so I’m swerving it for now. The MPC adds so much to a setup that includes OT…

Hmm that’s interesting. I also have the OT but I am actually planning to sell it if it turns out that I can gel with the Live. They have so much overlap in functionality that it seems to be a luxury to keep them both. Also, more devices means more complexity to manage.
Can you elaborate on your planned use case, how will you use them in tandem?