MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Link it. Last i remember he said that they are >aiming< for Q1 of 2017. No date from Andy Mac. All dates comes from sellers that try to get you to preorder. They will keep pushing it back until they get the new MPCs :slight_smile:

Absolutely. I never pay heed to retailer guestimation - a fools game.

Iā€™m sure Andy was a little more specific but itā€™s splitting hairs really. Iā€™m not pissed off at all it just annoys me that this is becoming a bit of an industry norm these days. I do think Akai fell foul of some super sluething last year though that forced their hands a bit.

Really i donā€™t care even if they release it after 3 yearsā€¦Only thing that matters is to get this right!Deliver a high quality fully featured product with no bugsā€¦Guess weā€™ll have to wait and seeā€¦

3 Likes

just wondering ā€¦ would the mpcLive do retiming via repitching as an option?

No idea. Would be dope as tho!

1 Like

Deutsch demo:

2 Likes

The store I pre-orderd said that from Akai there was a report that the release of MPC Live will be delayed in the summer.OMG
:fury:

1 Like

Summer?! If thats the case, glad I preordered a Digitakt, and if delayed any further, I may simply cancel my order and grab an Analog Heat and a turntable.

In this video released April 6, 2017 Andy Mac says at the very end, the Live drops in a few weeks and the X in 4 to 6 weeks.

1 Like

Thomann date still states May 12 for the Liveā€¦

Summary

:joy:

1 Like

Maybe Akai has to work on some last issues to get it done right ā€¦ before releasing it ā€¦ they better should :wink:

TBH ā€¦ who wantā€™s a ā€œmusic production centreā€ and find out after some days that software or even hardware issues spoil the party? If they say summer now ā€¦ could be autmn then :wink:

This said ā€¦ letā€™s have fun with the gear we already have and letā€™s make music :smiley:

Have you guys seen this?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/samplers-sequencers/mpc-live-/1232324720

Disclaimer: Iā€™m not related in any way to that ad.

1 Like

If I was in London Iā€™d possibly go check this outā€¦ Guess itā€™s a beta tester that isnā€™t fussed about standalone. Or the Live is a buggy mess :confused: might not be final design tho, didnā€™t the recent videos have modified casing with red lines or something?

Just in case Iā€™ve asked for pictures of the actual unitā€¦

2 Likes

The ad is a little vague though. Wouldnā€™t you at least explain how/why you have it.

On another note. Iā€™ve just spoken with someone at GAK and they estimate the release date to be between 1&2 months. Based on the fact that Akai havenā€™t actually been in contact to give a release update.

1 Like

They claim they didnā€™t gives any release date at all, but only estimation :stuck_out_tongue:
Thatā€™s very commercial position to claim that

I suppose all original estimates were based on info from the various videos.

But as it stands Akai havenā€™t given GAK any updates on the release date. You would assume that if the release was imminent retailers would be made aware of it.

1 Like

Im imagining whoever goes to pick that up will get shanked and their Ā£750 cash taken.

5 Likes

been a bit quiet round these partsā€¦

2 Likes