MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

The culprit for this is often “marketing” … because,

AFAI have the experience … engineering department speaks truth :neutral_face:, marketing doesn’t like it :tired_face:, there follows a debate :speaking_head:, engineering thinks “… do what you think you must do …” :rolling_eyes: and walks away, marketing is happy :heart_eyes: and tells everybody a release date … well … and then, there is truth at the end :eye: … engineering is smirking :tongue: and marketing will just play the same game later again … never lerning :upside_down::wink:

11.05.2017 in musicstore… bleh.

1 Like

And the clock is ticking…:rocket:

From what I know, the delay is due to cosmetics of the MPC X. It had a dim and shiny screen, hard to read OLED lights of the Q-links and they were adding a couple things to 2.0 itself. X is the flagship so the delay will hold up the Live, which is ready to go btw. Mass production of the X begins next week and they hope to ship them out by end of May. Just a heads up if you think the X is ready for retailers. Its not but on course.

4 Likes

Has there been any mention or videos of the filters in the MPC live?

I get that those things could cause delay but i cant help thinking along the lines of “ffs could they not spot these issues months back” or “why not be up front and make clear it was an early WIP model”. This isn’t some shabby kickstarter with its usual face palm moments.

It’s great they want to nail this, and I’d rather they did all they can to release as strong a product as possible but doesn’t fill me with confidence. Of course, this is all hearsay and rumour so who knows.

Just look up mpc touch or renaisance filters on youtube and they will be the same filters basically.

I tried with no luck, there was only a few “yo whats up” tutorial videos on the subject but without any “filter applied” content.

You can download a demo version of the MPC 1.9 software from the akai site to try it out I believe?

Hey…Ill Green is also here…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep you can - I was giving it a go last weekend. You get an annoying super loud hiss every few minutes though!

hahaha :joy: Excellent !

Edit : I will get my shit in julyyyyyyyy (hahaha)

I’m kinda glad I cancelled my preorder, I’d feel bad committing to a company that can’t commit to a date.

Akai never said release date 0_0

All in fairness, Akai wasn’t going to reveal anything until release day but the FCC leaked pics back in November and that tied their hands to show something at NAMM because demand was already building from the leak. I’m not an Akai rep or anything trying to defend them but all they had were test models and prototypes during NAMM and mass production for the Live was last month and X is due next week. I know the wait is killing patience with some, especially those that just want 2.0 software, which I believe could’ve been released by now, but as an experieced veteran of electronic expos, its pretty normal for products to be released 3 to 6 months after a NAMM announcement, sometimes a whole year like the Korg ES2 for example that didn’t see retail until 9 months later after NAMM.

They are both on schedule though and you will definitely get a Live by end of May and X due end of June.

But all this talk of North Korea and China could delay them BIG time. Just saying.

4 Likes

I’m here for the Digitakt :blush:

Whats up Rodman!

2 Likes

They better ship stable unit then ship it now with bugs. They know that the stakes are high on this one and will ship it when they feel it’s ready.

Imagine if it freezes every 5 minutes :smiley: Even if they fix it a month later the damage to their reputation(whats left of it) will be huge!

I can’t understand why people are upset. They never said release date. Never! Everyone want stable unit but we want it now! :smiley: See the problem? Akai have 2 options. To ship now or when it’s ready.

I personally did not preorder. I will wait and see if they deliver what they promised. And I’m not sure if i want the X or Live at this point. There are so many things that we don’t know about this boxes.

Just chill. It’s not like we don’t have toys to play with…

4 Likes

GAK price is currently back down to £799.

1 Like

i have stars-music on phone and they think it will be not May (Month) according to Algam distribution France but more June… (without an exact date) :joy: so… (Mpc Live) I guess no-one knows…

While not a specific date, Andy Mac has indicated a release month several times. I think he’s even revised what he’s said though.