MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I didn’t ask about the new price.

Yeah if you preordered early, merchants are suppose to honor the lowest price, I mean its good for business too. Thats like asking them for a price match, they rather have you as a customer than the next seller, so they’ll honor it.

Thomann is about $20 cheaper now that I’m checking. This is a quote from February:

Edit:looks like I can’t upload screenshots.

Thomann is 65€ more expensive than the 799£ U.K shops.

But shipment cost is free. And return too :slight_smile:
Also not sure about TAX when coming from UK to FRANCE as they out of Europe now right ?

UK is currently still in the EU.

1 Like

Also free shipping on Juno and amazing customer support from them!

2 Likes

Yeah Juno are great…

I wonder why it’s only gak have upped the price? Maybe it’s fake pricing and they then offer discount and sell for the rrp

OK there’s 2 years transition lap time before UK is out of EU…

OT but it will probably take the UK the best part of a decade to fully exit the EU or, at least, transition fully from the EU. In any case, you’re right, pretty much 2 years before the UK is largely out of the EU.

1 Like

The fuse is lit, and be sure there will be a bang.

1 Like

MPC Live is out next month and MPC X later this year according to this guy…

It seems Akai is mustering up some kind of promotion for the Live and 2.0 next month the way he reacted for the May release of Live.

2 things:

1. That dude was cringedorable

2. I appreciate delaying the X until I can afford it, but it’s not necessary Akai! Let the people with money have their fun, I’ll catch up! :slight_smile:

almost meme-worthy

1 Like

Hi guys !

I can’t figure out wether the Live is for me or not, maybe you can help me decide.
I’m really not interested in the controller part, it’d be a nice to have but I prefer to consider it as its own machine, because that’s how I’ll end up using it.

As far as I understand, it can do 8 audio tracks, but I’m clear on what those are, are these the only tracks that are available or could it do MIDI sequencing as well ?
Ar those audio tracks like the tape tracks on the OP-1, where you can record your sequences or incoming audio ; or should they rather be compared to audio tracks in a DAW ?
If it has MIDI, how many tracks of MIDI can it handle without a computer ?

I’m sorry if those answers have previously been given, I haven’t found clear information on it yet, maybe those with a good understand of the MPC software could help ?

Basically, I need a sampler to build rythmic sequences, maybe drop a few synth chords, and the contenders for the position are the OT, the DT and the MPC Live, complimenting my AR and my A4. What are your opinions ?

Thanks in advance !

D.

The Live has two midi output ports, so you can sequence up to 32 midichannels in standalone. I don’t think you can sequence external gear through the USB-ports, perhaps at a later point tho. You have 64 tracks for sample/clip playback in addition to the midi, 8 of those can be audiotracks, like stems in a DAW.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

So, 64 tracks that can launch samples without being connected to a computer ? Wow :astonished: If it has that many internal sequencer tracks, midi channels to sequence all my machines, and a battery to allow me to drag it down to the park with me (which would maybe cause me to ditch the OP-1 because that’s the only thing I use it for), it’s a no-brainer.

If the sequencer has some sort of parameter lock capability, I’m sold. Luckily, my country side reseller will only get that one to demo in his shop, and that’s the one I’m the most excited about.

Definitely keeping an eye out for this one !

Do not ditch the OP-1. Use it for MPC food. :volcano:

3 Likes

You goit it about right. It’s a pretty flexible environment. And there is automation, which, if griddable is a bit like plocks.

1 Like