MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Damn Gina. Lol

Just when i thought i donĀ“t need one

The rescission of rescission

2 Likes

I keep trying to convince myself that the hands actually make the X ā€˜not as bigā€™ as it looks!

2 Likes

Wow you never seen andy hands for real so? Itā€™s inhuman hahaha

1 Like

If the live pleased meā€¦ i will postponed to buy a new iMac and instead i will buy the X for the studio and keep this iMac i buy 2 years ago

Oppositeā€¦ Then itā€™s change everything in my head.

1 Like

Mpc Live is Ā£930 at GAK now :confused: Still Ā£800 at other stores. Anyone know what the legal deal is with pre-ordering? Do stores have to honor the initial agreed price?

Yes they do. They have to honour the price you ordered and they advertised it at.

But obviously theyā€™re free to change price for new orders.

1 Like

They are within their rights to cancel preorders and charge the higher price if they wish.

I canā€™t remember the full legal ins and outs but there is some legal pish that allows this. Amazon are quite quick to cancel orders these days, for example, if the difference is material enough.

1 Like

32 instruments may be overkill, but I like redundancy. Just like with a mixer, sometimes you never have enough channels :diddly:

1 Like

Yep they can of course cancel the original order, but they canā€™t increase the price of the original order.

1 Like

They wonā€™t honour it. Theyā€™ll cancel and offer you it at the new price

1 Like

I spotted the price the other night. Hoping itā€™s just GAK just playing it safe and this isnā€™t a UK price hike. Would piss me off enough to rule out the Live!

1 Like

This is the problem with the new shiny-shiny.
A while back I was desperately trying to get hold of a secure order for the PM Percussion Sequencer, called around (pre release etc) and the guys that I ended up buying from advised me it would be ā€˜around Ā£300-330ā€™, I accepted this and put down a deposit to get it (great module btw) but they did warn me that the price stated is subject to fluctuations in regards to exchange ratesā€¦

Speak to someone with a heartbeat when you pre-order, page 1.

Itā€™s an ugly business to pre-order and put your security digits into something only to (legally) be charged more when it suddenly appearsā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for replies. Lame if it turns out to be Ā£930 instead of Ā£800. Pretty big last minute hike. Suddenly seems much less bang for buck after it being advertised for Ā£800 for so longā€¦ Ugh. Fingers crossed itā€™s just GAK.

The price in thomann is still the same 999E with vat.

1 Like

Iā€™ve emailed GAK about this.

Iā€™ve had a pre-order with them since the beginning & i would hope they honour the pre-order price, at least for those who ordered from the initial allocation. Remember, stores will only be allocated a relatively small number of units for the initial release.

Iā€™m not being petulant but If they donā€™t honour my pre-order price i wonā€™t buy anything from them again. If you consider how many units GAK will sell in total, honouring the price for the initial 10 or so units theyā€™ll receive doesnā€™t seem unreasonable.

Either way, i reckon Juno.co.uk will sell theirs at Ā£799

2 Likes

J-21

:joy: 3weeks that long !

Itā€™s showing as Ā£799 everywhere for me but gak. Red dog, DJ kit, Dawsons etc all for 799

GAK Replied to my email and said they will honour those who ordered at the original pre-order price.

3 Likes

Did they say anything about the new price?