MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Thsi has everything to do with the fact that current overbridge units generate the audio in the analog domain. This imposes certain limits due to laws of physics, mainly any offline rendering etc is impossible (you would need a time machine)

im not talking about offline rendering but real time recording,something that ovebridge should do with multiple channelsā€¦
I like the concept of total integration that elektron copies from access but after 3,5 years it remains unstable and buggy as hell, unless u are an ableton userā€¦

Why not to pick a light version of the DAW working for you for OB and finalize on Logic Pro thenā€¦ just sayinā€¦ I have pretty great results with Logic, ABL and Bitwig on my iMac bigwig was my overall rating for Overbridge experience but I get descent results with this 3 DAW

The most people I see here with problem, finally have an old system or tried to get their audio not from the plugin directlyā€¦ but maybe thereā€™s issuesā€¦ Iā€™m glad Iā€™m part of the one who havenā€™t issues at all. except with HEAT but when you understood you need to resample the processed audio in real timeā€¦ then all good

my configuration :
Sierra 10.12.4
iMac (21,5 pouces, end 2013)
3,1 GHz Intel Core i7
16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 Mo

@nikhtas : Isnā€™t there sync issues, delay , jiterring etc ?
Not unusable onesā€¦ honestly. I can get my audio in time with VST and Audio files working in loop, I can record Iā€™m on the grid with not too much delayā€¦ on my system.

Settings are Buffer at 64 on both Logic Pro X and OB (Small size ! medium and large are not supported by Overbridge) Buffer safety Margin is at 25. I use internal audio card I just get my audio from the plugin. I just have my Electron device and no other USB device.

The point is to make your life easier. It doesnā€™t make sense to ā€œsacrificeā€ your workflow in order to learn new daw just because after 3,5 years overbridge remains a public beta. And what do you mean you have great results with Logic? Isnā€™t there sync issues, delay , jiterring etc ? A little bit off topic sorry guys :grin:

Possibly a stupid question. But can the MPC v2 software run VSTs inside itself when itā€™s being used as a VST itself? Or if this only possible when you use MPC v2 as your main Daw?

Iā€™d imagine you can run the vsts within itself whether in standalone (running on a pc I mean) or vst mode. Certainly how Maschine works.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. Yeah figured as much, just wanted make sure so no/less nasty surprisesā€¦

The X looks great. Wish the Live could miraculously squeeze in those 16 knobs with oleds. X is too big/expensive for me atm but they look like big workflow improvements. Standalone and with daw VSTs.

1 Like

Are we there yet?

Mpc x retailing at 2900.00 aud. What a pity.

2 Likes

Thomann states on their website:
ā€œShipment due to arrive on 2017/04/28ā€

1 Like

Iā€™d wager thatā€™s the earliest possible shipping date at this point. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if even that gets delayed a lil bit.

Gotta admit that my GAS leveled up for the live after that last sonicstate video. The fact that these boxes can be used as live inputs with fx, battery powered, is very appealing to me. Hook up a nice portable analog monosynth and my Numark PT01, stuff it all into a backback, outdoor fun!

4 Likes

The best thing about live for me, is the ease of taking it out/live/to a mates and with full audio tracks to augmenting dj sets with parts Iā€™ve recorded in the studio. Ive only ever played rekids so this is a pretty exciting thing as an extraā€¦ Course I could of used an I pad and an interface but that never appealed in the same way as the i pad never really ended up getting used for anything serious, just too many options for meā€¦ (in fact itā€™s just used for kids apps now)

The extra control and visual feedback in the X is mouthwatering, but if your using it tethered to a computer in controller mode anyway, itā€™s not such a big deal to look at it for feedbackā€¦ being able to take the live away so easily is key for me and in conjunction with the screen next to the controls I think it will be pretty quick to navigate.

Would have been sweet to have those CVs so I could sell my sequencer but you jus canā€™t have it all. : )

5 Likes

Are there cheap midi to CV options? Not ideal but could do the trick I guess.

Iā€™ve got a holiday booked for Tenerife in the Summer. Originally was planning on taking the laptop and something to use as an input but the thought of having the Live will sunning it up poolside is incredibly tempting. Fingers crossed the release dates are close to reality.

2 Likes

I agree with that. 2 to 4 CV would be great on Live. But there are MIDI to CV converters that are small in size so itā€™s not that big of a deal. They do the same thing. And if you have big modular system, then X maybe is the better option of the two, considering the size of Eurorack wall :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, works really well on the 1k - even though there is a touch screen, surprised they didnā€™t include this on the new models to keep things as tactile as possible.

1 Like

If only the X was the same size as the Live and ran off a battery :smiley:

3 Likes

If only the Live was the size of an Elektron boxā€¦

2 Likes

I was wondering if the MPC live can stream audio track from the internal drive ā€¦ i guess its a yes ?

I donā€™t think it is available yet but might be in the works. It was mentioned in a few of the earlier vids that came out.

Size comparison:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixel_s3m/32898123724/

Dimensions (W x D x H),
Live: 16.7ā€ x 8.8ā€ x 2.7ā€ (424 x 224 x 69 mm).
Octatrack: 13.4 x 7.0 x 2.4" (340 x 178 x 61 mm).

4 Likes