MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Yeah SSD’s use way less power than mechanical dives.

1 Like

Dude…

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I think and apparently RAPTOR is noisy so… let’s stick to SSD anyone :wink: don’t follow my advise it’s probably a bad one :slight_smile:

1 Like

No it’s not…340€ & 700€ respectively…
https://www.skroutz.gr/c/88/ssd-sklhroi-diskoi/f/582930/Τουλάχιστον-960GB.html?keyphrase=samsung+850+evo
I would go for 1TB as it’s more than enough…

it’s not the PRO version it’s the standard EVO that’s why my price are not the same
850 Pro has better endurance and Speed than 850 EVO. Also, 10 yr warranty (Pro) vs 5 yr (EVO)

Ooops didn’t saw it was the pro…You’re right
Even so 400€ it’s good enough for the 1TB version

1 Like

I like watching the end of SONIC State review “Akai MPC Live - First Look”
… so when it should be OUT in the world so… hummm … ?
this will be available … hummmm … let’s say … hummmm

end of February… (words pronounced very low in dB …)

I really want this MPC “hummmm” :stuck_out_tongue: sky is the limit … is really is … :joy:

3 Likes

“All tracks of a sequence have the same length.” - no, they’re not, since mpc v1.9. length can be different, though it fixed on bars.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Did I hallucinate, or did andy sidestep the release date question?

1 Like

The laugh at the end :smile:

2 Likes

the X is looking DOPE
might end up geting both tbh
this video also proved everything I hoped from these MPCs is onboard

2 Likes

Yeah, GAS is strong with this one.
Live have 4 qlinks without displays and button to switch banks of qlinks. That makes it 16 total. But there is no way to see what the Q-Link is controlling unless you go to page on the software that shows the configuration. X have different hardware buttons to change what Q-Links controls. Current program, global, effects and so on. I like buttons :slight_smile: X have a lot more buttons on the unit then live. This will make it faster to navigate. On the other hand i dig the size and portability of the Live.

3 Likes

And portability !
A shame it’s already a monster…

3 Likes

I REALLY hope they add some shortcut to move between the different q-link configs (global, program, etc.) - maybe shift + pads? I don’t see any function buttons for that, and menu diving for that would be terrible… of course, 4 pages of q-links might still be confusing, but oh well… I guess you’ll get used to it eventually

Yeah, having pad + button -based shortcuts with the MPC live would be good. I love the way this is implemented on the 1k/2k5, doesn’t even feel like menu diving to me.

hi guys does anyone know if its easy to export the audio tacks from the MPC so you can later work in the DAW ? Or do you have to record them manually in the DAW ?

No it’s a drag and drop … like NI Maschine

2 Likes

Perfect … Not like overbridge if you are not an ableton user … I’m asking because of the nightmare with Logic Pro x and overbridge

1 Like

There is d n d