MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Cheers for clarification.

1 Like

I use my Sony stereo audio recorder for this… after recording i plug it in. I can even use it as a microfoons because it has line out anyway

So no problem for me

1 Like

Long being 4 bars? :wink:

That was 17 days ago.
I was talking about not needing stacks of automation lanes.
Ever heard of tempo multiplication and division?
‘:wink:’

I don’t come here very often.
Goody.
Yes.

one thing that makes the earlier line of mpc’s great is the fact that so many replacement parts exist and most repair is done by the end user. This is what keeps these boxes going for so long. it’s an investment that you can enjoy for decades.

what’s the chance these boxes work/stay relevant for over a decade?

What recorder do you use?

Sony PCM-M10

1 Like

I bet these new MPCs are all surface mount design inside, so replacing any components would be exponentially trickier than with the old models

1 Like

Another disposable tech. Apple has gone this way too.

I feel like they not done something on both models object design wise. I’m not particularly attract by those. Only specs and what live and X have to propose attract me really… of course we dont care but it’s cool when you buy something Fully attractive for eyes and Hears as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thats pretty amazing in terms of transparency and range. Probably the best real time timestretch I’ve heard on hardware.

2 Likes

SMD is a fact of life in 2017, especially when one wants to cram everything in the smallest possible form factor. But you can mod/repair SMD stuff too, you just need better equipment than a 10$ soldering iron form radio shack :diddly:

MPC live would be the size of a 4k if it weren’t SMD-based… Wouldn’t be portable at all!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Elektrooon…Wakey wakey…If i were you i’d started building the OT 2 soon…Can be a combination of your excisting technology like let’s say a Rytm with better pads & screen + sample capabilities of the octa but not 8cta…more like 16ta :wink: with chords,polyphony and such…You could also make it battery portable so we can take it to the sofa…:stuck_out_tongue:
Ye I know it’s a lot to handle but the expectations are pretty high when the new MPC’s are goin to drop…Ah and i don’t mind paying the price of an MPC X or even a Tempest for all of that :wink: Guess these days they’re spoiling us and we want it all in a box!To think of it that’s less gear to carry on gigs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh man hearing the specs again in that video (quad core processor, 2gb ram, 16gb hd expandable etc etc etc) and then thinking about the specs for the DT which isnt much cheaper (Ive pre-ordered the DT anyway but it still irritates me).
Elektron are a bit like Arsene Wenger. Everyone has known for at least a decade that he needed a big midfielder to replace Vieira but he just wouldnt do it, to his detriment.
Wenger please get a midfielder.
Elektron please give us more memory.

no.

…why not? :confused:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Including all factory sample content from every MPC ever made was a nice touch.

4 Likes

Yeah but I think I will make an MPC Live content sound DIET first :stuck_out_tongue:
10gigs on 16gigs is a bit much of content

Anybody else check out the SOS article? I’d appreciate it greatly If anyone can expand on how the author suggested song mode may be lacking.

Haven’t read the article (just about to.). But I’d guess that he maybe expected to see a Daw-like song mode. I did too tbh. Kinda like Nanostudio/Beatmaker song arrangement view on ipad. Apparently this view is kind of possible by bouncing everything to one pattern. Then you have all your tracks and ‘blocks’ to move around/duplicate etc. If I’ve understood correctly anyway. Dunno how well that’ll work out in practise tho. Small screen to be editing a big project on. Guess better to go hybrid mode for that stuff…

1 Like