MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Its a case of :apple: and :tangerine: or more like :apple: and :lemon: :grin:

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure if it was one of those ones where they put a diff audio track over some dj hammering on the keys. Still not.

6 Likes

thank you for that!!!

1 Like
3 Likes

If BBoyTechReport has an X, you can be sure that more videos will be dropping real soon.

Anyone know if the clip launching includes midi/instrument options? Or is it audio clips only? Thinking could be pretty similar to Finger sequencer on OP1 if itā€™s not ā€˜audio clips onlyā€™.

My guess will be not. So far they show only time stretched loops. And i didnā€™t see more then 4 playing at a time. Midi clips will be awesome.

1 Like

Ah, thatā€™s a shameā€¦ Maybe they can add it later. Iā€™d guess in theory itā€™s doable and less cpu taxing then stretching audio maybe?

1 Like

More interested in the MPC Live after reading the sound on sound review.
Might actually be as good as it looks on paper.

For sure. It will be cool to have midi clips and skatch ideas and combination of clips for different synths and samples. Once they release it we will push their forums until they surrender and implement it :smiley:

1 Like

Anyway this matrix for 4 rows x 4 pads for clip launching is not what interesting me the most on the MPC Live. itā€™s too small too restrictive to make something interestingā€¦ Iā€™m always between 8 and 16 so 4 is just impossible to deal with for me.

in clip launching Ableton Live and Bitwig kill it with an APC/Push/Launchpad Pro
Impossible to do better than those software

1 Like

Maybe you will have clips on different pad banks(1-8) but yeah, we can live without that.

But if I were akai I would make that Q-Links with OLED screen as external controller to plug on the MPC Liveā€¦ so you can have more like an MPC X with 2 devicesā€¦ for Live Performance that should be very cool

4 Likes

For those who read here and watch movies on youtube no need to buy the soundonsound review article it gives nothing more from what weā€™ve already know. it just confirm the MPC Live will be cool appart to not have proper instrument/mic line inputs. period.

What do you mean by not having proper Instrument line inputs? They appear on the rear panel.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean? Dude seemed OK plugging a guitar straight in in one of the beta tester videos? Shame no mic input/pre but saw that before, no big deal for what I wanna do with it.

Quote from the review :

Unlike the X model, there are no mic or instrument inputs, which I found frustrating. If youā€™re going to
want to record vocals or guitar while out and about, or want the MPC Live to double as your main studio interface, then youā€™ll need to budget an extra Ā£100 or so for something like a PreSonus TubePre.

@Old_Artsutanov @Callofthevoid
I guess this is have to do with gain and phantom power +48v on the Live model as the ā€œXā€ have everything nothing is forgotten on this one. The Live have not all options itā€™s more compact.

I wondering if my Rode NT-USB will work on itā€¦ maybeā€¦

1 Like

On the Akai website, under ā€˜Featuresā€™ for the MPC Live it says - Phono, instrument, mic and line inputs. Thereā€™s also a switch to select between phono or line.

1 Like

like I said : reply from akai pro

The audio inputs on the MPC Live can be set to line-level (line-level instruments like synthesizers, other MPCs, etc.) and phono-level (certain audio devices like phono turntables).
A guitar with passive pickups will output a high impedance signal. Without amplification, this signal will be inherently weak. You can input a signal from a guitar into the MPC Live but whether the signal will be at a workable volume is another story.

Same with micā€¦

1 Like