MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

For external devices this works pretty easy. We only need to use more than one track sending on the same midi channel.

For internal programs and pads it should work as well, although I haven’t tested it myself. The MPC separates “programs” from “tracks”. If we modulate Q-Links, it sould be possible, to record this on a different track but send this to the same program while the other track sends note events. I will try this myself later.

Edit: Did the test … for internal programs, be it drums or plug-ins, MPC seems to create one single Q-Link modulation per sequence, regardless of the track, where the modulation has been created. So what is possible for external gear, seems no to work for internal sound sources. At least I didn’t find a way :frowning:

bug or user error…

I did some automation on a Q-Link parameter on an effect of a pad [sample]…and now the Q-Links dont werk. they default to the tracks master settings, volume, pan etc. and dont werk on whatever is on screen anymore.

ill assume I’ve hit some option somewhere that I was unaware of. or…its a bug.

any ideas?

My solution to these kind of issues is:
1 restart the mpc and reload the project
if not solved
2 put the mpc in controller mode and use the computer software
if not solved
3 eventually save the project from the computer software

1 Like

already shut it off.

dont care about the project I was just messing around. but I DID do something to set off the Q-Links. gonna see if I can recreate.

did it again…and it seems like I’m in a different Q-Links mode I think. I added some automation to Pad A02 fine tuning, and when I go to the pad effects page, and try to use Q-links to adjust the FX I have on that Pad, its defaulting to the Pads main settings.

the little orange Q that was in the corner is gone. so I guess adding automation to a Q-Link setting takes it out of Q-Link edit mode? I dunno…

after adding automation to a parameter on that pad…

I dont really know how to ask the question for a good search online or in the manual

I DID find however that if you hold SHIFT while pressing the Q-Links button will scroll from right to left, rather than the default left to right

SOLUTION: in Q-Links edit page you have to be set to SCREEN. :roll_eyes: [user error as always]

1 Like

After some time away from the MPC X, figuring out the Elektron trinity (it was all sync’d but I was using the OT for sampling duties), I returned to the MPC X the other night, and was amazed at how quickly I managed to get the flow of a track down. So I flipped on the elektrons and tried to start building patterns. Then… I spent a couple hours trying to figure out the program changes thing (with the Elektrons being one bar late)… and I lost the battle. Is it better to just make the OT the master? Does that make pattern changes work? How do you guys use this thing with an elektron setup? MPC as master is really only working for me one pattern at a time…

1 Like

This is on a 1000, but I’d imagine it’s similar on the newer MPCs.

1 Like

A “one bar late” behaviour after receiving a pgm change is typical for many sequencers. The MPC will also be late. The only workaround I have found is to send the pgm change “one pattern early” :wink:

thanks, I finally managed to get this to work. But it’s a bit slow and a mindfuck sometimes. Damn.

2 Likes

It is happening again.
It. Is. Happening. Again.

8 Likes

Finally. Been waiting for this since it was announced. Update time it is today then :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems not to be live yet. Checked Akai’s website. This seems to be some kind of a leak from a beta tester, but I’m sure it’ll be out in a few days time. Can’t wait for the drumsynth.

I´m just downloading the 2.9 Firmware from my account, maybe check again? I just read on a German news site that it´s released today that´s why I checked immediately.

2 Likes

Wouwouwou! Even better! Thanks for the tip!

I was supposed to fill some excel charts for an application this evening but now I really don’t feel like it anymore.

AKAI seems to like to hide this stuff deep into the user account instead of putting it up for everyone to see. Everytime there´s an update I always have to check how the update procedure works since it´s not that intuitive IIRC.

I didn´t have any plans for tonight but guess now I do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, my MPC is packed up and away. Bummer for now, I better get hustling on the basement project.

1 Like

Dope

I do like this drum-synth. It’s a shame you have to run it inside of MPC software, since it’d be useful as a VST/AU plugin.

You can just run the MPC software as a AU/VST plugin I guess? Unnecessary extra step maybe but it‘s possible… but then again I never use the software and only open it up when updating the hardware or when I need access to my additional hard drive inside the hardware.

Loopop’s review

7 Likes

I could, but that would be a bit painful.