MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Fully agree, it’s pretty massive for a “portable” box. Anyone into euro can probably afford a small midi-CV module if they don’t already have one. I’ve been eyeing these up lately too. Think I’ll just watch how this affects mk1 prices.

Just read the GS thread, I hope it’s not a speaker. People, in there are saying about the op-1 having one but this just isn’t an op-1. Where am I going to use the mpc outside on the speaker rather than headphones? Where am I even going to use it inside on the speaker? Certainly not in the studio. If I was sat on the sofa trying to make a beat while partner watches TV (primary use for a battery except playing live) the family is not gonna want to hear me tweaking a loop repeatedly. I just don’t get the logic. Gimmicky as hell. I would have preferred custom colours if were going with gimmicks or a keychain hole for hanging fuzzy dice

Pfft… try being a Browns fan.

1 Like

If anything it should of been smaller and lighter. The MPC Live is a little big and heavy for a portable unit.

2 Likes

Maybe they ditched the rubbery face (PLEASE)

According to this graphic…either the buttons/pads get smaller or the box gets bigger…both a negative. :frowning:

(hope for non rubberized)

please continue all MK2 discussion at:

while our forum software struggles to move these 21 posts over there. Closing this thread temporarily for that reason.

1 Like

@vneutron , @handed @JohntheSavage @Strangelov3 @L @hommes_doutant @DimensionsTomorrow @Kegeratorz @Geneoart @phaelam

Congratulations to you all.
In what is now, seemingly, the 8th sign of the Apocalypse… our forum software won’t allow us mods to move your MPC Live MK2 posts in this thread to the new Akai MPC Live Mk II thread.

If you think your posts are valuable to the discussion there, please copy and paste them over there yourselves.

I’ll give you all a day to do it or not, and then we’ll reopen this thread for Live MK1 and X discussion only.

Cheers, and stay safe.

6 Likes

I just feel like pointing out how awesome that Autosample feature is. I spent the last two days creating and copying more than 100 patches on my Behringer K-2 (and still counting) before selling it and even though it’s not 100% the same as playing it directly with the synth it’s more than good enough for me and the best part is that you can play it polyphonically as well. The Model D is next…

6 Likes

Yeah. I really love that feature as well. I find it hard to do pads and stuff, since the automatic looping isnt perfect, but for shorter sounds it is awesome. :slight_smile: Do it all the time to make my Pro-1 “polyphonic”.

1 Like

Can‘t you work around that by just having the samples as a one shot with long release and some reverb on top and then setting notes on the grid? Still not ideal but might be better than having it looped at a weird spot.

1 Like

Yeah. I could do that. But that eats into the total sample time. I played around with the autolooping and some cross fade. It works fine for basic pads but for retuned two osc pads it needs some adjustments. Not too bad.

1 Like

I’m gonna give it a go with my SH-101. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Auto sample and a 20% coupon ultimately made my decision to purchase the live. I’m forcing my self to learn it and be my centerpiece. Wasn’t a fan of workflow but it is definitely growing on me.

3 Likes

I´m also using it a lot less than I should. Every time I turn it on I realize how many good options it has and that there is so much to discover but working with my Elektron machines just feels more inspiring at the moment. Still happy with my purchase though, since I got it my computer is basically only the recording station.

3 Likes

Since my teenagers are on an educational hiatus I’m making them learn something new. I purposely offered up my DN so I wouldn’t be swayed when frustration landed with the Live. Win-win, he keeps the mind going more than just PS4 and I’m focused on the MPC. It hits me every time I use it how powerful it is and all I need to do what I want. That is of course until I hit the recliner and whip out the OP-Z!!

My other son is kicking and screaming so I gave him the 404sx load with trap loops, we’ll see on that one.

7 Likes

Dad of the year! Yes the live is a beast for sketching ideas

1 Like

Where did you find a Live, or did you buy used?

I purchased mine new almost a year ago, sorry, should have stated that. 20% was also when it was still $1199 or whatever it was originally.

1 Like