MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

50€ an hour it is my man (face to face).

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Mpc live mk2 incoming

hah and of course everyone’s acting like their Live will just deactivate…

1 Like

I just ordered a Live.

Revised 2/7: I just cancelled the order. Can’t get a Live anywhere atm, where it’s backlogged up to May.

Might as well wait for SuperBooth at this point.

1 Like

And yet we often envy the guy who remains dug-in with his MPC 3000 or the likes…

Perceived obsolescence is a detriment to creativity. :wink:

Cheers!

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Akai MPC Live Mk II

It’s a bit meh, glad that I went with the Force instead of waiting for this.

Rumour has it that big chunky bit at the bottom is a speaker

That would be tragic.

Some footswitch inputs, on the other hand, would have been nice. I will never understand why they deemed those necessary on the X and left them off the Live.

What I’m seeing in the above images doesn’t seem worth selling my MKI for.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Footswitch inputs! This is what I’m about too. I have tried to talk myself into going back to my legacy roots but cannot walk away from the flexibility of the new gen boxes. It’s been 3 years of mixed emotions. The leap forward still me makes me happy but the shortsighted design and holes in the OS leave a lingering disappointment even after I’ve turned off the machine and begun to do other things.

Waiting for my perfect machine is like waiting for the Knicks to make the playoffs.

2 Likes

Knicks fans aren’t safe anywhere. :joy:

Every NAMM and Superbooth… is like how I begin every season. Unabashed hope that “maybe this is the year.” lol

2 Likes

Looks like the leather arm rest thing in the X to me. Seems like they’re trying to add more without adding anything new or treading on the Xs sales. Just slapping some leftover parts on there is a bit frustrating. Why not have added screens for the q-links? People who wanted CV are just going to buy the ONE. Shame

1 Like

Also @handed where did you get this image?

I saw it on Facebook first and then GS. Looks like it’s connected to a filing with the FCC, which means it might be coming pretty soon.

I feel like they really missed an opportunity by not including all the shortcut buttons from the One. CV is of no interest to me at the moment, so have to say it’s pretty underwhelming, unless I’m missing something. Making it bigger makes it a bit less attractive too…

2 Likes

It’s weird that there’s the R input and L output missing though. Everything seems fine except this.

1 Like

True. Looks like the headphone out is labelled but missing too.

I wonder if they added instrument level in? I always wanted that on the original one. Being able to directly hook up a guitar/bass and use it as a multitrack/looper alongside the sampled stuff. That was my dream box. I would have wanted a footswitch as well, but I remember people saying that there are midi footswitches out there.

Did multitrack audio and looping ever get better on the Live?

Fully agree, it’s pretty massive for a “portable” box. Anyone into euro can probably afford a small midi-CV module if they don’t already have one. I’ve been eyeing these up lately too. Think I’ll just watch how this affects mk1 prices.

Just read the GS thread, I hope it’s not a speaker. People, in there are saying about the op-1 having one but this just isn’t an op-1. Where am I going to use the mpc outside on the speaker rather than headphones? Where am I even going to use it inside on the speaker? Certainly not in the studio. If I was sat on the sofa trying to make a beat while partner watches TV (primary use for a battery except playing live) the family is not gonna want to hear me tweaking a loop repeatedly. I just don’t get the logic. Gimmicky as hell. I would have preferred custom colours if were going with gimmicks or a keychain hole for hanging fuzzy dice