MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Andy’s great, just overly keen on superlatives.

2 Likes

16 levels works with time stretching. It will probably works with instrument programs so this mean that the length of the sample will remain the same for every note if you warp the sample.

2 Likes

Just to be fair, we don’t know how much time he had between receiving the MPC and the show. I guess, not very much. To have all those features in mind one would need quite some time to dive into such a complex unit :wink:

IMHO his presentations and answers have been quite good.

Yeah he’s done a decent job for sure if hasn’t had the unit long.

1 Like

And he put up with a little over an hour of q and a from a single website! Multiply that by how ever many others he had to talk to! Good on Andy for his presentation abilities imo.

3 Likes

Regarding Bax, they seem to constantly update/change the availability dates of gear. I’ve been looking daily for an Op-1, and the dates seem to change quite a bit.

Hi

Is there a video to show how deep editing audio is ? Like not just short samples but recorded tracks ? If it can do that, it can do everything I use Ableton for so I can use this for stems and pro tools for mixdowns…

I still would have appreciated Akai showing off some MIDI sequencing of their products, like hooking up a rhytm wolf or that 4-voice poly they have. It’s not exactly rocket science to connect a MIDI cable and hook up the synth outputs to the MPC ins. Coulda showed realtime input with fx etc

4 Likes

Yeah, plenty of vids in this thread showing the audio track editor.

Bunch of vids show him chop that long acapella and rearrange sections and re-pitch sections. Looks to have most bread and butter wav edit functions, guess depends exactly what you need it to do?

It’s a nightmare to navigate the thread on a phone tho, if your not keeping up with all the chat… plus I only seen editing small samples rather than full tracks, as you would a recording.

Cheers, mate sounds exactly what I Hoped, I’ll try and find it.

Thank you. I’ll dig in :slight_smile:

Edit - I’d missed that one thanks. That’s pretty crazy how it does it in one click ?! Must be some analysing done in prep ?

Either way the editing is exactly what I wanted, but look forward to seeing more in depth editing of multiple tracks in a session. Pretty mind blown somebody finely did it (jus crazy this is only happening now)

Cheers

1 Like

On this vid when he warps the audio he says just type in the original bpm’. This might be stupid question, but what if I don’t know the exact original bpm of a weird loop I make from field recordings or whatever? I don’t remember ever having to type in the original bpm on ableton or OT to have a loop sync up?

Good point. It remains to be seen if there’s any auto BPM detection onboard.

I’m used to the old school method of tempo tapping with a metronome to set BPMs, and finetuning from there. obvs YMMV

But fwiw I’ve had to correct ableton and OT both sometimes, they do not always get it right. IME NI traktor has the best BPM analysis out there, with it I only need to go doubletime or halftime sometimes.

Yeah that method would work OK. But beginning to see some poss workflow problems for how I’d want to use it sometimes.

Like the rep says at present you can’t audition sounds sync’d to project bpm. I often record weird guitar/synth/pedal/field/youtube loops etc and stash em for later use. Got folders full of them. But if I can’t audition in sync and instead I have to open, tap out bpm and fine tune, just to audition and see if it works in context with the project… That’s a pretty tedious way of doing that kind of thing…

They have option to auto detect and you can then correct it if it’s not 100% on time.

4 Likes

Cool, sounds like should be OK :slight_smile:

And for your weird loops, remember that the MPC 2.0 editor has “repitch loop to fit tempo”, so as long as you have edited a seamless loop of any audio, you can make it fit your tempo with one operation.

For quickly auditioning a bunch of loops, BPM synced, I’d prolly make clip programs out of them for fast recall later… IIRC clip program loops can be any lenght? Many strategies could be possible here.

3 Likes