MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I guess that is showing events across the bottom and velocity going up. Does automation work the same? Like for example automating filter cut off on a pad? So you could put in some crazy filter sweep across the steps, almost like a one shot LFO or p-lock each step individually?

1 Like

Seems like youā€™re kind of on a mission hereā€¦ Funny to watch, maybe in 6 months youā€™ll have engineered something actually resembling MPC Liveā€™s UI/Convenience/Connectivity/Workflow/Memory capacity/Pads quality etc and can launch a kick-starter, Iā€™ll buy if itā€™s on par and cheaper, keep it up!

Edit - your looper looks maybe deeper than looping on my OT as well, should I sell that too?

1 Like

If Iā€™m running MPC software as a plugin inside another Daw (Sonar/Ableton here) this shouldnā€™t matter right?

hihiā€¦ itā€™s called Loopy HD. Iam not the delevoper at all. :slight_smile:
but iam so flashed with its performance features.

itā€™s 4 bucks, but recently worked out as a much more flexible thing than any other sampler or loop stationā€¦

octatrack plays another league! of course it does and it should. but sometimes there are already existing things but not as advertised like the profit oriented companyā€™s would do.

often with features that we are yelling too much for.
itā€™s here and cheap!

GASing often stops my workflow, cause I recently have to think about my set up and how to configure it new to keep going etcā€¦
turns out that if you do the research youā€™ll safe up the money for the unique things that canā€™t be cheap at allā€¦

Pt.2 -

3 Likes

I think the plugin delay issue is if you run standalone mode with the mpc software.

1 Like

Cool, wonā€™t affect me here then and hopefully they can fix it up for users that itā€™s an issue forā€¦

1 Like

Hey a cameo by nick batt from sonic state! In the back!

2 Likes

Glad that brought this up. Very important issue for many users Iā€™m sure.

my friend at NAMM says folks need to make an appointment to check out the new MPC.

oooof

anyone on here with a pre-order got an estimate?

April apparentlyā€¦

1 Like

Februari for the Liveā€¦March or April for the X.

My retailer still states ā€œFebruary 2017ā€

2 Likes

My retailer had no clue, heā€™s checking with the distributor

My UK retailer had no clue either. He said Akai hadnā€™t given them a date.

I understand heā€™s not a ā€œtechā€ but surely how much RAM/can it be upgraded/can the battery be replaced etc is standard knowledge if your repā€™ing a productā€¦ I felt bad how little he knew there. :confused:

Surely the specs are finished if itā€™s shipoing next month.

1 Like

I thought he said shipping April in that vid? Maybe was one of the other vids.

Iā€™d guess half of the stuff heā€™s saying ā€˜unsureā€™ is probably ā€˜noā€™. But no dealbreakers in there either way for my needs so just bonus if upgradable ram etc.

Itā€™s 2gb ram right?

I didnā€™t watch till the end but thereā€™s people in the other thread talking about Feb shipping from there retailer and April for the x, it doesnā€™t matter too much to me as I need user experience first anywayā€¦
my point was jus he should kno about basic internal stuff if heā€™s a live rep asnswering questions. I mean as If battery and ram questions are difficult to answer or unexpected.

I wasnā€™t putting the unit downā€¦ wouldnā€™t dare, its like the most hotly hyped product in years, and people are getting touchy already. :slight_smile:

Am looking forward to it, and the digitracks (probably) quite streamlined version of a workflow Iā€™m used to is appealingā€¦ doubt I can manage 2 samplers at the min tho.

Iā€™m fantasising Digitracks with a Nord drum or similar for all my digi drum sampling needs and live or maybe x for everything elsā€¦