MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Dont sell your OT. Make your tracks in the MPC Live, then using the outputs on the MPC Live, go into your 4 inputs on the OT as stems. and now your gonna be able to get really weird!!

2 Likes

well I would sure love not to… but I doubt I can afford to keep both :stuck_out_tongue:

make it happen! we need creators in this world !! lol

The guys in Edinburgh are usually rapid at responding to emails.

Live still tickles my fancy in a big way. There was one video, can’t remember which, that discussed how 2.0/Live or MPX/Ableton would all work together and it just sounded like exactly how I wished the OT would when I had it. Was a bit on clip/sound designing on Live and they made it sound like a genuine lift and shift into the 2.0 plugin which could then export for standalone use. Fantastic.

Another thing I was thinking off with Link and Wifi/Bluetooth I presume it can hook up to an iPad midi cable free and then you’re only dealing with a simple audio cable. Again, keeping things so much simpler for me and wall wart free on the go.

So gonna have a good ol think about my set up. Time to let the AR go? I dunno, but selling that and funding the Live and still leaving me with some £’s in my pocket for something else is super tempting.

Without any specs about what it actually is tho ? :wink: that’s impressive. :slight_smile:

monsterthread.

so much views.

Same here…

how do you know?
are you treating samples via ipad?
if so, could you tell me a bit about the experience?
i like the editing on ot
do you think touchy got even more potential?

One thing i learned is dont sell analog gear too soon. Digital stuff yes. wait a while before you sell the AR after you get the Live.

1 Like

I don’t think I could sell the AR, my drums have never sounded so tight. I’d like to sample Rytm into Mpc live and chop em though.

1 Like

for sure! That would be wavy!

well, thats why its called a MPC - as in “Music Production Center”… its like a DAW in a box - and now, even moreso than ever because it can actually network its brain to a PC/Mac and become the same DAW except with more track count, more fx, added virtual instruments, etc.

its not quite an “instrument” unless you are a finger drummer… and I think thats a fairly small market actually. I know a couple of people here and there, but not many in the general crowd of electronic music. In hip-hop its more common, but still not ubiquitous.

however, it is always more enjoyable and quick and musically understandable etc for me to work with step sequencers paired with piano rolls - thats my jam, thats how I knock out stuff with the most flow and least amount of inspiration lost to “technical” crap like button-combos and menus and mice and so forth

the new Elektron looks like the answer to the new crowd of pseudo-casual grooveboxes, like the Circuit and Volca and so forth… and for some people that will be perfect, you’re absolutely right

1 Like

Can’t be all that bad :blush:

1 Like

thats what im saying - its apples and oranges type comparison

ones a drum machine, ones a studio-in-a-box

1 Like

Hah. Same here. I realised, if I can bypass the daw entirely for anything but mastering for the purpose of publishing, it will make me a happier man.

1 Like

yeh its essential to find out what you really need and what you dont

takes a while when it comes to electronic music… so many options

2 Likes

That’s true. But also seems like the MPC could be seen as just a sampler drum machine if that’s what someone wanted? On paper it would be more powerful than the Elektron, for me at least. More stereo voices, 16 pads vs 8 tracks, polyphony per track, layers, round Robin, more fx, velocity sensitive pads, x/y performance options, slicing with timestrech (not sure if this is on the Elektron, the would assume so)… And then see the rest of what the mpc offers just as a bonus that you don’t have to use?
But then again, Elektron have their own way of doing things and if that’s exactly what someone’s looking for then they’re always gonna grab the Elektron step sequencer option. Plus heard the rytm makes samples sound nice, which is a cool aspect of the new box if that’s carried across. We’re spoilt for choice right now which can only be a good thing I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

of course, but if I was looking for a sampler drum machine Id rather go with something like RYTM or Tempest or something like that… with more hands on control, dedicated synth stuff, that kind of thing

Yeah, was comparing to the new Elektron really. Not analog drums :wink:

New school MPC users – What’s your take:

Would it be possible (or feasible that it would be implemented) to do synced sampling? Meaning that I could trigger a “start sampling from the start of next bar, sample for one bar, then stop” event within the MPC Live?

Does this make sense? :smiley: