Mpc Live Midi program only plays 1 pad on the Rytm mk2 [resolved]

Hey Guys…

'm losing hope a bit…

I had a Rytm mk1 2 years ago, sold it.
bought me a rytm mk2 yesterday.

i always used the mpc live to control my whole setup…
i remember i played the pads on the mpc live and the pads of the rytm followed flawlessly…

Now when i try to do the same… i notice that i can only play 1 pad on the rytm from a midiprogram out of the mpc…

Is there anyone here who can tell me wich settings i need to set up so i can control the pads of the Rytm with the MPC?

Thx in advance!

sidenote.

the midi program in mpc is sending notes from a midi chanel.

if i can turn the whole rytm as a device linked to the same midi chanel it’s ok.
but it seems that each pad on the rytm is a midi chanel on it’s own ??

The MK1 and MK2 are set up the same in this regard. There are topics on how to target the sounds via Midi btw, but pointers here should put you in the right direction (or the manual) or search some more

“or search some more” been searching for 48hrs straight now…

i know it can be done but something changed in the 2 years aparently

i know for a fact that the mpc midi program sends the needed notes (been using it on rolland tr8/s, boutique tr8-9, rytm mk1 in the past…)

they all got sequenced by 1 midi program (with the needed midi chanel PER device)
I just needed to give the device it’s midichanel and it simply followed instructions from the mpc…

the closest i get now…

Is that the pads of the rytm react as a wanted… BUT ON EACH PROGRAM (even if not midi)

If there is a mpc X/live/livemk2/one user on this forum who can maybe shine a light?

Grtz N.

If the Rytm is anything like the rest of the Elektron devices then you can trigger all tracks by sending the lowest notes (I gues note values 0 - 12) on the configured rytm auto channel.

I figured it out.

Mpc had a recent os update.

Projects/templates made in previous os just wouldn’t respond as it should…

I was stuborn, and kept trying to load previous projects to link to the rytm…

But when i make a new project and create a midi program, it all works like it should…

Sry for the hassle guys, thx for your input!

2 Likes