MPC and Model:Cycles machine reset on play

Attempting to sequence Model:Cycles using the MPC ONE with the new firmware update.

Problem is that after hitting ‘stop’ or 'play 'or ‘playstart’ on the MPC the MC resets the machine to kick type. Happens on all channels.

I’ve isolated the problem to receiving midi cc on the MC. But I would like to receive CC from the MPC so I can record and playback automation to the MC.

Looking at the MC manual can’t see the machine type response to CC anyway. Is this a bug? Or is the MPC sending out CC when I press the transport controls. Ive disabled sync etc. Dont get this problem with the digitone…

anyone else have this problem?

Could it be this?

Ha… very interesting!!
Now I’ll need to work out to disable that CC from the MPC I guess.
cheers!

1 Like

So CC64 on the MPC corresponds to sustain - so every time you hit stop it reset sustain to 0, which is the first machine (kick) on the MC… that is nuts!

I’m not entirely sure how to stop that behaviour, but good to know whats going on nevertheless… if any experience MPC users know hit me up.
thanks

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my MPC Live 2. It resets all the tracks to the kick engine after I hit stop. Also it freezes after some recording and playing. Hope Elktron can address this issue.

1 Like

Hmmm, the Akai Force and Intua Beatmaker 3 send MIDI CC #64 (Value=0) on all channels when pressing STOP.

Anyone know if the 2.8 update for the MPC-series added more MIDI FIltering options? So we can filter these out?

still on a problem for me – on my live 2

1 Like

Did anybody ever find a fix for this? I am currently having the same issue. I’ve set up 6 midi programs on the mpc live and it plays the midi pattern on stored in m:c but when I hit stop it sends a bunch of program changes and kills it and I get no audio and have no control over m:c I have to completely reset it. I have an ikmultimedia uno synth on midi channel 7 and no issues at all? I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this because from what I read it seems to be a common issue. None of this makes any sense…