MPC 2.0 software discussion

Not sure I understand your question, but each pad in a program has a separate filter, 4 insert effects and 4 sends.
Plus you can apply 4 effects as masters on the actual program.

So if you need to add the same filter settings to all pads in a program, you add a filter as effect on program level (I don’t really like this option as filter effects are a more limited selection).
Alternative, you go to program edit, tap on any pad, tap on the pad name in the rad bar at the top and in the next screen you select which pads you want to edit at the same time (Current/multiple/all)
Now go to the filter page, pick the filter you want and edit the settings, this will apply to all pads.
My personal favourite filters on the MPC Live are the Low 2/4 and hi 2/4. Especially the hi one is very good to add massive bottom end to any sound.

Just remember to select the current pad once your done or you will keep editing all and scream in anguish…

3 Likes

Hey Auto is the MPC 3000LPF only on software version in program edit or is it also on the live/ X?

No clue really, only spent a handful of minutes with the software, but the hardware has both a MPC 3000 filter
(Description from the manual:
In MPC Live, MPC3000 LPF is a dynamic, resonant low-pass filter (12 dB/oct) that was used on the original MPC3000, released in 1994.) and an effect called MPC3000 (and MPC6), which I don’t really know what they do but I think the emulate the sound of the original machines…

2 Likes

Nah…

Go to the channel mixer and assign your insert fx on the program. Insert FX can be on individual pads, programs, audio tracks, returns or on the master out.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the tips :pray:

Sounds like using the pads built in filter, and then adding an extra filter as insert effect, finally mapping it to the Q-links will solve my problem!!

And i guess saving this as an empty program template will save some time in the future as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Searched both manual and google, promise!

How do you change the range/octave, of the computer keyboard? (AWSEDF…)

Tried the new MIDI mapping on standalone last night. This is going to be fkn awesome! I’ll need to get me some nice new controllers for this one.

1 Like

Bro you can now do real time mpc 4000 swing with the turn of a knob. It’s bananas I tell you

1 Like

I still haven’t managed to do real time swing on the standalone, any tips?

This will be a future feature on the Live and MPC X. For now just use the software. I know it sucks that an MPC 4000 from 2001 can do this while your Live from 2018 can’t, but be patient.

1 Like

Not touching the software, too ugly, a face only Akai could love.
I’ll just wait for this to be in standalone, hopefully it will arrive with crossfade loops and automation editing…

3 Likes

I tried to use Overbridge for my Analog Heat in MPC 2.2. I couldn’t get it to work for some reason so I eventually just used the Heat as the sound card but has anyone tried to use their normal interface while utilizing Overbridge to put audio through the Heat, in MPC 2.0+? Overbridge just wouldn’t pick up the audio signal for some reason when I was trying to use it as an effect. I was trying play my TR-08 with an MPC midi program with Overbridge as an effect.

MPC2.X DAW is not for the fainthearted ----the GUI is a shambles a real mess if words can describe
Midi is super tight —i use it to load midi sequences into AK

1 Like

I haven’t done this with the AK yet. Can I hear your AK sequences you made with MPC 2.2?

Just to clarify, so you can use any MPD with the new 2.7 MPC software?

After the MPC One drop during NAMM I decided to load up the MPC software (it’s been ages).
Updated to 2.7 and everything seems good there.

But

I don’t have any MPC controller anymore.

So just to make sure I understand correctly before purchasing a MPD, it will work rite?

I think akai use to only allow there new MPC controllers to work with their software so just a bit hesitant.

I use my MPD232 with the software. What kind of mod do you have ?

1 Like

Mod? As in? Mpd model?

Don’t have none yet. That’s why I was inquiring. Only have the full software currently.

Also thinking about maybe getting a Renaissance. Do they still support it?

Rennnaisance is at end of life but it still works in 2…0 software. I know mpd2xx model work but m unsure of the earlier models. You can always email Akai support on this they are helpful

1 Like

Yeah I know, thanks. Was just looking for a quick answer.