Moving to Australia

Forgot Byron, in Ballina we got a massive prawn!

3 Likes

Part of the deal for getting a visa is that you have to buy @Microtribe’s Digitakt on arrival.

4 Likes

I see it’s got a tail now. Too bad you can’t still climb up inside and look out the eyeball though (no-one ever seems to believe me about that)

2 Likes

I moved to brisvegas about 30 years ago from the east coast of the us. Best thing I ever did. You will absolutely love it.

I’ve only been here for a little over a year now and I didn’t believe it a first either. This video helped me understand some of it’s rich history.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7aQZznvMXY

1 Like

I once got stuck with no money trying to hitch out of Wyndham, way up in northern WA, and ended up sleeping in the mouth of the giant croc on the edge of town

images (10)

Mad place… Love it

4 Likes

Was in Ballina today at the kids primary school (southern cross) for the primary school cross country run…beutiful part of the world i must say…

That’s insane. Looks like a good night sleep in there.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a beautiful area, certainly the nicest place I’ve ever lived.

OK now I really need to know what Drop Bears are…

Some people call them Koala’s if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

now I’m gonna be reading loads of people’s comments in an Aussie accent

3 Likes

I’m married to an Australian.
Immediate family are exempt from travel restrictions.

…if u still got some swedish gear on ur mind u might goona need…get it now…
down under price tags are from outerspace…
have a good one…

1 Like

Yeah right, prices on everything are crazy. That’s one bummer about leaving the US.

I think I’m covered on gear for now.
Some of it is going on a shipping container, some is being FedEx’d, and some is going on the plane.

I tried to spread it out a little so I couldn’t lose everything in a single shot, like if our container ship capsizes, at least I’ll still have a couple guitars.
:joy:

2 Likes

Oh… you’re going to love paying for petrol (gas) you’ll have to find a ‘Servo’ to do it, and then the price will make you herniate an organ. Welcome! :yum:

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks too.

We have an electric car here. We’re probably going to try the same thing when we get to Aus.
I’ve been looking online and the prices for used EVs aren’t outrageous compared to anything else.
Just don’t know what the charging station situation is like around Sydney.

Yep. We work in litres here too :wink: .
And you better learn about roundabouts!

Charging stations aplenty in the big smoke. Not so abundant in smaller towns.

Everything is expensive here, small thinnly spread population, far away from every other country.

I have an ev and live in Brisbane. There are stations about but I primarily charge at home.

Oh nice. Here for a couple of weeks probably, staying with family friends while I recover from a broken rib. Probably heading north next though!

1 Like