Most Powerful “Minisynth” Ever

Uno synth pro is getting good reviews.
There’s a small one of those.

Maybe the modal cobalt etc too.

2 Likes

MC-101, or Virus Ti2 Snow are my suggestions. And the mm2 as previously mentioned is a good one

Depends on the definition.

My definition of most advanced MINI/micro synth:
NORNS

2 Likes

Powerful yeah, but definitely not a mini synth, its big😁

It’s 17" X 12". The Hydrasynth Explorer that this thread is based on is 21" X 10".

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Novation mininova.

Alesis Micron.

3 Likes

The OG Nova may be more feature packed than the MiniNova.

Yeah, probably.

1 Like

Actually I think nanoloop FM with the 0.5 update (song mode, new synth engine) may be the most powerful synth/groovebox ever made taking size into consideration.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Blofeld
DSI Tetra
Ambika

in slightly bigger form factor: Novation Nova Laptop

and yeah, MC-101 (but it’s a groovebox)

4 Likes

Empress Zoia

Euroboro could also count but I’m guessing most buyers are going to toss it into a Eurorack case and patch it with other modules, quickly moving it out of “mini” land

1 Like

I like all the contenders listed.

Before i posted this thread, i researched the meaning of “minisynth” and i agree with everyone here it doesn’t seem to have any precise definition.

Something you can play on your lap, like the Take 5 maybe ? :crazy_face:

what no take 5?

2 Likes

If minisynth is about the form factor, I’d say the Digitone is my most powerful compact synth, I bring it with me every time I’ll pay outside my studio because of the power / small footprint ratio.

If a battery is part of the definition, then my OP-1 is certainly on the top of the podium.

Now what I value most on a synth is the ability to compose tracks, and for this something lie a sequencer + multitimbrality, or at east multitrack recording ability, are a must, to me. I wonder if I could go that far with this one.

7 Likes

Trueno Synth

1 Like

I think few would be willing to nominate a synth that none of us have personal experience with just yet, as nice as Take 5’s specs look.

Hydrasynth Explorer can be considered because while it’s new, it’s running an engine that several peeps here are familiar with, and can thus advocate for how powerful it is, as well as deficiencies.

1 Like

Organelle wasn’t mentioned.
I’d vote for iPad too

2 Likes

What makes something “powerful”? Feature density? Playability?

1 Like