Most perfectly mixed/mastered track of all-time?

Ochre so damn underrated and Yagya so damn sexy!!!

Defo two of my favourite producers.

Plaid’s o’right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Future Sound of London - Life Forms

4 Likes

Anything by Solar fields.

Trentemøller’s The Last Resort.
God I wish I could mix/master like that.

6 Likes

Fleetwood Mac Rumors. Probably a different era of music than what you are looking for, or sonically what (my guess) would be the majority of what most of us do. But it’s such a perfectly mixed and masters record. Tonally simply amazing.

8 Likes

No way I could pick one. The really great ones can be great in such different ways that it’s not really apples to apples. Just off the top of my head : Lee Perry-Scratch Attack, Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti, Beck Sea Change, Wu Tang 36 Chambers… Ask me tomorrow and it’s probably a different list.

Beat me too it. And IMO this is the best track on the album. A masterclass in just about every facet - musicianship, mixing, mastering. If nothing else you can just kick back and listen to a Mick Fleetwood drumming masterclass.

7 Likes

Honestly a bit surprised no one’s mentioned Objekt (with regard to electronic productions).

Though, I can’t say which of his tracks I think would be most deserving, as they’re all phenomenal in my opinion.

I’ll just settle with Dazzle Anew, as PAN just released the official video. :heart:

4 Likes

Sbtrkt and objekt

2 Likes

Definitely, the drums/drum tone alone should make that a must have record for everyone.

This comes close for me…

7 Likes

You must be completely out of your mind!

I love that Album. Almost every song on it is great! Summertime, a cold beverage, and Steely Dan Aja. Nothing better.

2 Likes

Dunno if I’d call any track the most perfect of all time. But for busy as fk electroindustrial, ive always aspired to sound like FLA; especially this song (Prophecy)

1 Like

I love that album. It’s also fun to try to pick all the samples they used from mid-90s IDM tracks :smiley:

Honestly couldn’t tell myself- but i heard fla ripped off quite a bit of chemical brothers for one of their albums

It’s all listed here:
http://www.mindphaser.com/archive/samples/

2 Likes

I agree with my esteemed colleagues that Rumours, Dark Side, and Aja are top notch.

Other excellent sounding records imo: Computer World (i put this record on when someone claims no difference between digital and analogue synth), Fever Ray s/t and Random Access Memories (not an Akai in sight…unfortunately) .

Best mixer today: Tom Elmhirst

Best mastering: Bob Ludwig (but Mandy Parnell because https://mpg.org.uk/news/mandy-parnell-goes-green/ :green_heart:)

3 Likes

Syro by Apex Twin (mastered by Mandy Parnell)

Some of the albums I was thinking about have already been mentioned but I’m missing this one :slight_smile:

Andy Stott - Faith in Strangers