More than 8 samples in one pattern?

Well, the question I pretty obvious; can I in any way have more than 8 samples in one pattern? If not is there any trick I can use? Something intuitively tells me that the trig conditions might be of use in this situation?

Further explanation:
In this project I am using the Digitakt as a kind of launchpad/backtrack, as it is supposed to just keep playing the same loop af samples(that create a kinda baseline/hook) continuously throughout the song. But as the hook/theme consist of 10 samples I can’t have the last two samples playing. The samples are only played one at a time so that’s why I’m figuring that the trig conditions might be of use? If the Digitakt in some kind of way can have 2 samples in one of the audio tracks and then alternate between playing the one and then the other by setting it’s trig conditions to do so? Is this total nonsens or is it possible?

Thanks in advance!!

fill the pool and then plock whichever samples you want - or have i misunderstood the question?

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe. Or maybe i have misunderstood how many samples one pattern can actually contain(I am quite new to this wonderful machine)? Isn’t it right that you can only have 8 different sounds/samples within one pattern as there is room for one sound on each of the audio buttons(1-8)?

Read the manual section about parameter locks :slight_smile:
You can lock any parameter to a step and thus also sample slot. So you can have use a lot of different samples within one track that way. Of course each track is monophonic so the samples will cut each other off when overlapping in case of longer samples.

Hope this helps!

9 Likes

to help explain this to myself when i got the digitakt i assembled this explanation

possibly helpful! see the last bit on SOUND LOCKS

2 Likes

Did this end up in the unofficial DT tips and tricks wiki page? Should be! Great info! :+1:

1 Like

sample chains work quite well…