Moog Mother-32 for bass?

The Minitaur has saw & square VCOs.
You can choose to use a single one by turning down the other.

[quote="“rex_mundii”"]

You can choose to use a single one by turning down the other.[/quote]
Probably referring to the Mother, here.

Probably referring to the Mother, here.[/quote]
I was responding to the bit that said “no other moog is like this”, by pointing out another moog that is.

[quote="“rex_mundii”"]

What about the werkstatt (CV extension)? Not as much option but still very cool and quit cheap. Very tempted to make it a sidekick of the A4!

In a room full of all kinds of gear, the Werkstat is huge, I cant see why the Mother 32 would be any less.

I’ve been wondering the same exact thing - Is the Mother32 good for bass? Having recently sold my Juno60 (I’ve had it forever and need something different for a change), I have some cash credit at my local synth store and am on the prowl for something analog, bass-y, and wonderful.

I keep thinking Mother, but then I start thinking Minitaur because it has two Osc. I’m Not even sure that I want to get into modular (too much math and too much cash), so the Mother might be overkill in that respect. Plus, I already have three Elektron boxes, so I don’t think I need anymore sequencers.

As I said, I had a Juno60 (single Osc analog), which could do some nice bass, but honestly became very boring pretty quickly. It was also hard to get the bass tones to sound good across a range of notes. I’d hate to find myself feeling the same if I got a Mother32.

If I really break it down, with the mother, you’re paying for all those patch points, and a sequencer. However, with the Minitaur, you’re paying mostly for the Osc’s.

So hard to decide with all this amazing gear around!

Mother 32 is great for Bass and all other stuff as well. It is beavy, creamy, sweet and agressive. You can do so much with it. I do Acid and ambient. Very good for both. Highly adictive.
You can waveshape it as well if u patch saw to ext in. So u can mix pulse,and saw with the Mix knob.
So many possibilities.

1 Like

that also works with the A4 ? if so, little tutorial for me please?

M32 will never be able to be as powerful on bass duties due to the simple fact that it only has one osc. The minitaur gives you two massive linear style oscillators that will destroy speakers. Interesting m32 is, but no match for the minitaur for most classic Moog bass sounds. I have both.

I love mine, the A4 guides it through all sorts of sonic exploration. FM potential matched with the cream filter makes it a powerful extra voice for all types of sounds!

Could you detail a patch exploring the fm?

Minitaur sounds so beautiful here. And for me saving presets makes it a better choice. When i don’t have preset saving capability i tend to wander less.

1 Like

Yet to find a bass analog synth better than the Moog Sub 37 with a orange amp and b7k overdrave :slight_smile:

That would be a

The Hades has one oscillator from which two sub-oscillators are derived; one a single octave, the other two octaves below the primary osc.

1 Like

It’s quite nice to tune the oscs to a 5th for example on the Minitaur.

can anyone with the sub37 & mother compare the really high notes? from what ive head the mother is super nice way way up there in hi freq plinky land…

I want to own both but need the up-top arpeggiated bit doing first

Can your mother fart like this?

I don’t want to offend anyone or their mother but i really had to laugh.

4 Likes

jajaja

Instant buy