Moog Matriarch

Why should it be sold out? AFAIK the first batch sold at Moogfest was limited, but it’s regularly available now/soon-ish. Or did I get that wrong?

yeah the first Moogfest batch is sold out but there’s nothing “special” about it and the synth isn’t limited. they just announced it before it was readily available. used to be the standard thing to do. imagine… having to wait for something!

I don’t think all reviewers are commissioned by Moog, though it’s obvious now why one reviewer takes the trouble to say that he’s not paid by the synth company (I forgot what synth he was reviewing - so many synth videos lately!).

What is “sold out” is the Moogfest Edition Matriarch. The email I got from Moog Music, dated 9/10/2019, says “We’re excited to share that Matriarch production is in full swing here at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC”. Meaning, they will be producing more Matriarch units, they won’t be “Moogfest Edition” anymore. I have not seen any official clarification on what - exactly - the differences are between the production edition and the Moogfest edition, or if there are any differences at all.

If you have a burning question, go to this website, and scroll all the way to the right - yeah I hate the new website design too - until you see “Talk To Us”. There are links to chat, email, etc.

Plus s/h prices for the RME are high…the Matriarch goes for the same price now

They started to blossom as soon as half the company was turned into a workers owned company…

OK…ordered mid September, now i heard from the German distribution that it might be late November or even later when they deliver. Moog is doing only small batches that are almost immediately sold Out. So maybe i will get mine from Santa? :gift_heart::santa:

grandparents? think would be cool to have both and then can invite the grand children over :slight_smile:

Another way of looking at it is comparing with 2 Grandmothers and 1 Moogerfooger delay pedal. The 104m’s now go for £1500-£2000 alone. I bought one when they were first discontinued, wish I’d have bought 2.
The 104ms one of my favourite pieces of kit, sounds amazing, with this you get the Moog delay in stereo and just as much modulation options.

Well you can always change your mind, and go with your other choice … the Hydrasynth – although Thomann doesn’t know exactly when they’ll get it, it sounds like it might beat the Matriarch to your door.

I don’t understand why Moog stuff is sometimes so hard to get in Europe. The Matriarch is in-stock lots of places here in the US.

Hydrasynth is cool, but i already have a Peak which i really like for both, Sound and UI. It’s always giving me. I doubt that the Hydrasynth will do this for me. And derived from my long term experience with a Voyager and Sub Phatty, i am sure Matriarch will do this for me too both.

Yes i noticed that too about the delivery to europe, but i guess Moog first goal is to deliver their biggest market first. On Muffwiggler s.o. said that Moog produces the M. on two lines, and they can do 5-15 M. per day. If the US market wants 1000 - 1500 Units, and the rest of the world another 1000 Units…it will take them a long time. Plus If they run into problems with parts Delivery, it will add. So i will stay patience and Hope for a nice Moog Xmas from Santa.

1 Like

Agree on the sound. I have a 104MSD, however I’m mainly a guitar player and since I bought a really nice /13 amp, I’m looking for a cleaner guitar amp tone. I am thinking of selling mine though confident I would regret it!

1 Like

Really good performance, as you can always expect with Jay Hosking. He combines the Matriarch with the Subsequent 37, and a slew of external effects. It’s just four and a half minutes long. Hosking is always so good at composition and keeping whatever varied equipment he selects in their proper context.
Watch for the on-screen annotations.

GAS warning!

9 Likes

Very nice! Still waiting for my Matriarch…

2 Likes

…and I still saving up for mine :grinning:and wait for most of the bugs to be sorted out before I buy it.

1 Like

Hey, thanks kindly for the shout-out! I’m firmly in love with this thing. Wrote another ambient, exploratory track with it before I had to give this particular Matriarch back, but I’ll be picking up mine next week. I think this is one of the best pieces of sound and music I’ve made in ages. The Matriarch sounds good, but it’s the layout and the patching and extra features (like the delay) that really reward creative exploration.

11 Likes

Nice vids!

Did you find any of the bugs that @Portray is talking about? (I don’t know what they are, myself)

1 Like

Hey thanks! I haven’t noticed any bugs whatsoever, but then again I haven’t pushed this thing to any sort of limits.

1 Like

You can read about the bugs in this gearslutz thread. I have follow that thread for a while now. People have, for example experienced bugs with the sequencer and major midi problems just to take 2 examples.

You posted page 1 of a 68-page thread. Would you mind sharing what page you saw a bug report on?

I skipped to page 68 and there’s no talk about bugs at all

Seriously, how many bugs could there possibly be in an all-analog synth with a rudimentary sequencer?

Cheers!