Moog Grandmother

In addition to those three tracks, a tape delay plugin is used. So don’t expect GM to sound like that straight from the output.

aha ok, no, i will have some delay on the output. probably other effects to

This is my absolute favorite :rainbow:

1 Like

3 August for Red Dog in the UK:

2 Likes

Something Grandmotherly spotted in rural France this week…

(The colours looked closer in real life)

11 Likes

A great manager at a nearby Guitar Center just called me today and said he found one for me!
I’m pretty excited, I was late and got lucky
My first real Moog, had a sub 37 briefly but found it a little too aggressive sounding even though it was amazing… I dig that this has more of the classic Moog Modular vibe

3 Likes

I don’t need a mono synth. Well, I don’t think I do… But Jesus, this is the sort of video that makes GAS big time:

Great track!

5 Likes

I bailed on reading the whole thread after about the 90th complaint about the looks (I think it looks fantastic fwiw).

What I will say is that the demos of it so far are about the best-sounding I’ve ever heard. Was thinking about getting an Arturia 2S this summer but I’m now leaning towards this because it just sounds that much better to me (better = the way I want a monosynth to sound; your mileage may vary).

1 Like

I concur. I love the looks and even more so the sound. It’s different enough from anything else (including the Minimoog) to secure its own place in my music. Now if only they’d get 'em out the door a little faster - Mine has been pre-ordered since May…

Scot_Solida, didn’t know you’re on the forum. I am Tio, Arp Odyssey on Reverb if you remember :wink:

1 Like

Hi Tio! Good to see you here. Yes, I am a fellow Elektronaut. Likewise, I didn’t realize I was communicating with orys from Elektronauts. Electronic music may be getting ever more popular, but it is still very much a group of friends.

I’m so torn between grabbing either this or a MiniBrute 2…

The MB2 is almost half the price though. Can anyone who’s tried both give me a decent reason to splash out twice the cash on the Moog?

Scot i agree my friend.
siegef4ce, i have the minibrute 2. Never got time to try it out much due to work. But i still want the Grandmother. I already have the MFB D1 and i really want the TVP Pro if anyone has one to sell to me in Europe. I’d sell everything i have for the Oberheim. I can’t sleep at night till i get it.

1 Like

The sound and power of the Moog > than the sound/power of the MB2

2 Likes

I like the spring reverb on the Grandma.

Other than that, depends on which MB2 you’re talking about - the keyboard or the 2S, and whether your priorities are on the sequencer capability (2S probably wins there) or something else. And of course what pleases your ears more.

Yet to play with a GM but from what I’ve heard, the spring reverb is lovely. A tad of the spring coupled with some filter use sounds excellent.

The 2S caught my attention but the GAS just hasn’t lasted like it had for the GM. Can’t put a finger on why.

1 Like

A Moog sounds like a Moog. After ten years of having a Moog Voyager, that sound wore out to my ears and i needed something fresh. So…if you can live with the woody very recognizable Moog sound…go for that. The MB2 sounds different, which is good, and has it´s very own character. Btw. i noticed that the MB2 has a much broader sweetspot than the MB1. Try to figure out what you want to use that monosynth mainly for. A Moog really sounds very vintage…

thing is, the GM doesn’t have that woody Voyager sound does it ? I personally loved that sound when I had my Voyager, but in all honesty I prefer the sound of my 2 M-32s set-up as a single 2 osc mono to the Vgr sound. The Mothers sound amazing … & don’t exhibit that woody sound so much.

The GM sounds totally different again. which is why I have one on pre-order :slight_smile:

Again, the Sub37 range sounds different too to me.

There’s the Moog sound for sure, but then there’s the Moog sounds within the Moog sound…

2 Likes

I wonder how long until Moog reissues the Voyager? :grin:

IMHO the M32 is too small, the GM too Big for my place. Arturia Microbrute…perfect Size!