Moog DFAM

Went to GC Tonight and asked about a dfam that was on their website. They were a bit surprised, went off and came back with the only one in the shop. As it was absolutely pissingndown I spent a couple of hours with dfam and a used A4. As much as I liked the A 4 I was quite taken with the moog- it will sit nicely with OT and was fun and sounded really great. Got 15% off for Presidents’ Day so happy camper right now.

2 Likes

:joy:

Hi,
Sorry total modular noob here.
Can I use a Doepfer MCV4 to sync a digitakt and a dfam ?

Yep, it should work perfectly. There may be even simpler options if you just want to sync.

Thanks, which simpler option do you think of ?

Just got a dfam and also looking to sync to OT. I’m travelling but when I get home I have a few things I can try using midi out on OT TO MIDI IN on:
Volca Fm With sync out to clock on dfam
EHX 8 step same thing
Hoping the volca works but it’s not clear if the sync send cv or an audio pulse.
Or get crazy and buy mother 32…

Hum no actually I though there was something that only did Midi to Gate but it’s only as Euro modules.

Francis : With the OT you can just send an audio click I think ? There must be a tutorial somewhere on the internet. I know Surgeon did this when he used an OT.

Cheers I’ll try that, does it mean I lose a track? Wonder if I can send metronome to a cue output…mmmmm…

1 Like

I don’t know I don’t have an OT, I was just making a reference to this vide : https://vimeo.com/225625900
There’s a passage where he shows the click track

Did anyone try to trigger it with an Acidlab Drumatix ?

I’d like to know this too. But I’m assuming it’ll work. Would be a killer combo!

yes it most definitely would be :slight_smile:

LOVE mine and would buy again instantly if I accidentally spilled motor oil on it. I also bought the 2 tier bracket to stack Mother-32 above it which is key if you have a Mother. I don’t feel limited by the 8 steps as I have other equipment to modulate and control it besides the Mother… namely 0-Coast. That said, it’s probably not for everyone and I strongly suggest testing one out extensively before GAS.

3 Likes

Just been sampling DFAM into OT. Absolute blast.

At 24bit I hope :wink:

2 Likes

For sure

Vid or it didn’t happen :slight_smile:

Here’s mine making some noise.

3 Likes

@MichalHo dealer’s pretty confident I’m getting mine next week now. What about you?

I’ve had mine a couple of weeks, I’m really enjoying it. For now I’m sampling into OT, need to get it synced up when I’m home. I have an ehx 8 step which may do the job. Who has a mother 32 and is it the best option to pair with DFAM? Haven’t had a chance to try but the sequencer seems a bit clunky?

sent him an email now…

@Francis the M32 sequencer takes a bit of getting used to (re-checking the manual often for button combos), but it’s quite versatile and once you get the hang of it, it’s quite a good choice for live/impro situations.